• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Birth Control - Mirena

the_girlfirend

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning!

I was just wondering if CF members (female) are allowed to use Mirena as birth control.

Because I know that there is a higher risk of infection with the use of Mirena and I do not know the opinion of the CF regarding those risks VS deployments.

If anyone of you uses Mirena or know someone who uses Mirena... please let me know.

Thank you very much
Have a nice day everyone!  :)

I haven't heard of any issues with using Mirena or any other IUD's as far as employment limitations.  It becomes a problem if it's giving you a problem.

MM

I already had IUD when I joined the RegF (inserted by civi doc), told the med staff about it at the CFRC.  No issues.  Later had it removed (my choice) by the military medical system, again no issues.  I didn't deploy with it, but I can't see that making a difference really.  I think the risk with IUDs is mostly related to having multiple partners while you have one, and if that's the case, the doc should counsel you away from that method.  (I don't remember if it was Mirena or not.)

Back