• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Birth Certificates and Citizenship (Merged)

jarko

Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry for posting alot, just need some quick answers about small things before i leave to the recruiting center in the morning to drop off my app.

My birth certificate is in the Polish language, i dont have a translated one. Will this be ok, or will i have problems if i hand this one it??

You are going to have to have it translated into either English of French.

dang, where can i translate a birth certificate in Toronto, from Polish to english?? :crybaby:

Try and see if you can either find a polish consulate or a place where a lot of polish people go to and someone there should be able to translate it for you. You also might have to get a new one sent to you in english, but that would most likely take a while for you.

You probably want an official translation. Then you would not have to worry about trying to get a copy of your cirtificate in English. (If that is even possible)

Just google 'translation service canada' and you will get lots of companies.

Thx for the replies guys, but i went into the Telus book and found Certified Translators which most of the agencies charge from $60 and up , Did a little more search and found a private certified translator who charges 30 buks. Super Deal. Plus its very close to the recruiting center so i will go straight there tommorow. ;D ;D

did they ask for that?? because I didn't find the certified translators... I just gave my birth certificate to the recruiter.. and he photocopyed for me... (my birth certificate is in Chinese, little bit of English)

hi all just wondering if any one had a link or an idea of how i would go about going after a replacement birth certificate.  I was born in saskatchewan but now live in alberta.  I ask because i do need this priceless peice of paper before i can submit an application  thanx

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/subjects/cards/birth_certificate.shtml

Google is your friend.

Alright, I've used and looked through the search function to see if anyone else had same question I had before.  So far none have.  So here's the question.  Does anyone know if the birth certificate has to be in English? Or could it be in another language as long as it's official?

khpark said:
Does anyone know if the birth certificate has to be in English? Or could it be in another language as long as it's official?

Language on Birth Certificate 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/17749.0

khpark said:
Alright, I've used and looked through the search function to see if anyone else had same question I had before.  So far none have.  So here's the question.  Does anyone know if the birth certificate has to be in English? Or could it be in another language as long as it's official?

If your birth certificate is official government issue in the jurisdiction in which you were born, that's fine. One can hardly expect a foreign state to issue birth certificates in English or French to appease a our bureaucracy.

The C.F. is well acquainted with naturalized citizens, and will have the proper personnel available when it comes time to security screen you to ensure the authenticity of your birth certificate. Don't let it worry you.

Thanks for the quick replies.  Having non English certificate is fine for both application and documents to bring to CFLRS, right?

khpark said:
Thanks for the quick replies.  Having non English certificate is fine for both application and documents to bring to CFLRS, right?

Yeah man- your birth certificate is your birth certificate. The recruiting centre looks at all that, and they get it vetted. Good to go is good to go.  It's only going to come in whatever language it was produced in by the country you were born in. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. There will simply have to be a bit of extra work put in on your file by the security screeners is all.

Well, a reply to my email regarding this question came back from my recruiting center and it says it HAS to be in either English or French...

You will have to have it officially translated by a third party. The cost comes out of your pocket. Germany is very difficult to get a birth certificate in English, but as long as an official translation is provided with the original birth certificate, they will take it.

mld said:
You will have to have it officially translated by a third party. The cost comes out of your pocket. Germany is very difficult to get a birth certificate in English, but as long as an official translation is provided with the original birth certificate, they will take it.

Getting a notarized translation is not the same as mandating that an original document be in English or French. The former is easy. The latter is in many cases going to be impossible because the nation simply does not offer it in those languages. Anyone in recruiting who is communicating to an applicant that an original, foreign birth certificate must be in French or English is someone who I'm going to consider out to lunch, but likely due to inexperience. Simply thinking this one through shows how little sense that makes. Frankly this sounds like someone doesn't know an answer, so they're making one up.

I was born in Korea and have the original certificate from there.  I'm going to get it translated and approved by the embassy that's in Vancouver downtown.  Just in case, CFLRS wants it in English or French. (can't be too careful right?)  Also, I sent an email out to CFLRS, although I don't think I won't get a reply any time soon since most or all the staff are out for the holidays.  Might as well go ask directly to the place I'll be going to.  But thanks for the replies. 

Back