• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BFG Vickers Combat Application Sling

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
I am looking at picking up a new sling as I detest the CF patrol sling and we are getting back pay soon.  The sling I was looking at was the BFG Vickers Combat Application Sling, I was wondering if anyone has used it and if they have what they thought of it?  Any comments for or against would be appreciated.

Used it overseas on my C7A2-M203... definately one of my best kit purchases. It's well made, functions as advertised and took all the abuse of a tour and held up no problem.

It has alot of slack on it, so it doesn't matter if you're big or short, fat or skinny, you can make it work. And you will find a surprising amount of use for the quick adjust feature. Snug it up for walking around the fob so it doesn't flop around, readjust for patrolling with body armour, and if you are going to spend alot of time in the prone on a cold afghani night, you can slack it off a little bit for some extra room to work.

Dollar for dollar, it's the best two point sling around. Not designed for use as a single point sling, and it loses it's purpose if you just use the front sling loop and rear stock sling point.

Hope this helped!

I bought mine just in time for MG 0702, and it is definitely one of my better purchases. Like Greg said, it's great, and adjusts easily and quickly for different situations.

Make sure to get the C7 adaptor, so that it's used for it's intended purpose. And the quick adjust/release system is MILES ahead of the CF patrol sling.

I'll be bringing mine with me for sure.

Loachman said:

I got mine from CPGear, though it looks like they don't sell the BFG Vickers, anymore, switched it to this product, it seems:

http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=606

One-Shot Tactical does sell it, as well as the C-7/C-8 Adaptor:

http://www.oneshottactical.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=oneshot&Product_Code=SL-BFG-VCAS&Category_Code=SL-BFG

Adaptors here:

http://www.oneshottactical.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=oneshot&Category_Code=SL-BFGA

*edit to add: I am not paid or benefit for plugging one supplier over an another, I am speaking of my personal hands-on experience with the BFG Vickers Combat Application Sling

I ordered some stuff from CP Gear a couple of days ago. The BFG sling was going to be part of the order, but no, they don't carry them anymore. I'm wondering how their new one compares.

I really should spread the wealth around a little so I'll order from One Shot Tactical. There were a few other things that I wanted from there as well, I think.

Loachman said:
I really should spread the wealth around a little so I'll order from One Shot Tactical. There were a few other things that I wanted from there as well, I think.

I've had some good service from One-Shot, as well as Dave's surplus and Tactical in BC. Between those 2 and CPGear, you can get most pieces of kit you may need or want from Canadian Suppliers.

I've got most of what I need/want (a fine line between the two really) now, or it's on the way. There isn't a lot more to get now, unless I see something new.

Thanks for the info, I gonna order one and see how I like it.

I've had one for the last year.
love the thing to bits.
almost was able to jump the sling in from one of the PI's (was to lazy to figure out how to take the fastex clip off I won't lie)
best money I've ever spent rifle wise so far.

CTOMS worked with BFG and have come out with a medic version of the Vickers Sling.  I believe they have lots in stock now  ;)

http://www.ctoms.ca/07/equipment/detail.php?product_id=104

Its like a regular vickers sling, but with a second adjustment buckle so you can get the weapon held even tighter against your body.

I never had a problem with my regular vickers sling, but I'm sure that there are folks out there who would prefer this one for certain roles.

It allows you to reach the second adjustment while the weapon is slung behind the back.

With the adjust on the regular Vickers it is down at your left hand (right handed shooter), however once you slide the rifle to you back the adjuster is now up ontop or behind your right shoulder.  Doing this with the Medic VCAS places the second adjuster again down by your left hand allowing the medic to tighten the sling up even more while behind the back.

Even if you transition the rifle from over your right shoulder to over your left (this is very simply done by putting your left arm through the sling then your right arm over your weapon) and then push the rifle behind you with your right hand (thereby going muzzle down) this proceedure places the second adjustment almost directly in the center of your chest again making it very easy to adjust once again.

With just a couple pratice tries all this can be done within a second making it a very simple and fast system.

It allows the medic to sling the rifle behind them with the fear of it falling off them onto a patient like the issue two or three point sling.

And I was so depressed when I didn't win one (CGN), guess one will be on a future order :)

I have the SOC-C contractor pack and the Vickers CAS, they both rock. With the adapters that come with the contractor pack you can fit it to pretty much anything...

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. Thanks, Darren.

Excellent, good to hear!

I ordered some stuff from CP Gear a couple of days ago. The BFG sling was going to be part of the order, but no, they don't carry them anymore. I'm wondering how their new one compares.

Here are a couple pictures of the two slings compared. BFG  VCAS is the coyote one.

sling004.jpg

sling007.jpg

sling005.jpg

sling002.jpg

Blue Force Gear uses:

ITW Nexus Fastex Buckles and other components
Solution washed 1.25" nylon (Provides IR coating)
CNC machined aluminium slider
Lifetime warrenty

Other pros to the BFG sling:

It will not twist and jam up while in use.
It will not cut your hand or neck.
Your hand will not slide of the pull tab.
The adjuster will not break, jam or fail.

It did strike me as quite substantial, especially compared to the one that I bought several years ago (Blackhawk, perhaps - it's buried somewhere in my basement). I have yet to attach it to anything yet. Another month and a bit...

So, what would the difference be with the CTOMS sling?

http://www.ctoms.ca/07/equipment/detail.php?product_id=104

Its like a regular vickers sling, but with a second adjustment buckle so you can get the weapon held even tighter against your body.

I never had a problem with my regular vickers sling, but I'm sure that there are folks out there who would prefer this one for certain roles.

A buddy of mine just picked up a CTOMS vickers sling.

He was disappointed to see that the CTOMS sling has plastic sliders, not the metal kind that came on my "Gen 1" Vickers sling. Blue Force Gear is normally all about quality, but this plastic hardware is VERY uncool. He'll be using the sling for the upcoming tour and we're both curious to see how well this new design works. Stay tuned...

Back