• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Cop shows?

(Reference the comment about CSI being realistic)
  I wasn't refering to the time frame, simply the technology that they have and use.  All of that is extremely real....but the time frame is entirely flawed.  Crimes like those take weeks/months sometimes years to solve, others are never solved.  So no, I don't believe it's realistic in that sense, I was only commenting on their seemingly advanced ability to figure out information that doesn't seem possible, but is.  Hope that clarifies that.

And First 48 is a great show, I've only been able to watch it a few times, as it is rarely on at the same time I'm home, but I think it's great. 

Gilligan

Seen and noted.  Yea some of that stuff is very real but alot of it is still hollywood ask any real SOCO (scene of crime investigator) and they will tell it is lot more leg work then technology.  But the stuff sure is pretty on TV.  And yea some of it is real.

On the Law and Order note, the Criminal Intent one drives me crazy the detective there the guy who was Gommer Pile in Full Metal Jacket.  No way he knows that much about everything and is a cop.  NO WAY that guy should be writing enclopideas and the such.  That show just drives me.

He was also the bug guy on Men in Black, lol.  He drives me crazy, honestly, how on earth could he possibly know all of that stuff....IMPOSSIBLE!!!!  And the way he recites his knowledge, like he has to explain it all in baby talk or something.  His little hand gestures, my goodness, he must honestly think his partner is a brainless dolt!

He was also the bug guy on Men in Black, lol.  He drives me crazy, honestly, how on earth could he possibly know all of that stuff....IMPOSSIBLE!!!!  And the way he recites his knowledge, like he has to explain it all in baby talk or something.  His little hand gestures, my goodness, he must honestly think his partner is a brainless dolt!

Yup could not agree with you more...

It drives me everytime he does that um you know um thing god i want to just through my remote right through the screen.  :rage: It could be a good show but jeez.

i keep seeing him say " I am in a world of s  t JOKER"

And that makes me laugh

;D

Alex252 said:
What about that "Due South" show

I Cant Believe I forgot about that show!!

I LOVED Due South when i was back in High school.. I used to watch it religiously!

Defiantly nothing like real police work but it was certainly very entertaining Canadian TV with a real good sense of humour.

Hmmm, I never really got into Due South, I tried because all my friends liked it, but I don't know, just not my cup of tea.

Good ole Aussie cop shows like:

- White Collar Blue
- Blue Heelers
- Water Rats
- Young Lions
- Stingers
- Murder Call
- Wildsides

The worst one being Young Lions.

Cheers,

Wes

The best cop shows are

Third Watch
High Incident
The Shield
Brooklyn South
Law and Order SVU

I hate CSI, I was sitting in on a preasentation from a EPS's IDENT unit and the Constable told us about how disgusted he is with that show. High Incident was a great show, they should really bring it back.

Did Global cancel 24???

Just my 2 cents worth on this I like Third Watch and Fast Lane even thought its not on any more still was a fun show to watch .

Futuretrooper said:
The best cop shows are

Third Watch
High Incident
The Shield
Brooklyn South
Law and Order SVU

I hate CSI, I was sitting in on a preasentation from a EPS's IDENT unit and the Constable told us about how disgusted he is with that show. High Incident was a great show, they should really bring it back.

Did Global cancel 24???

Why did you hate the show?

Beacause a constable told you he was disgusted with it? ::)

High Incident was a good show.

First 48 is better though.

Third Watch was good. I haven't seen it in a long time. Last time was when...that guy...died. Cop. He was black? Chubby guys partner? Sigh, at 18 my mind is failing me...

Reno 911. Say no more. I mean, what is a cop show without an officer in short shorts?

The Shield, I really enjoy that one as well.

Baloo,  you should watch it more often.  He didn't die.

Here's an old one. Partners, with Don Adams and Leslie Nielson. Early 1970s comedy. Anyone else heard of this, or did I just date myself?

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley H. Allen said:
Good ole Aussie cop shows like:

- Water Rats

I was looking through the list to see if you'd mentioned this one... as I watch it regularly, great show. Showcase airs it here in Canada.

brin11 said:
Baloo,  you should watch it more often.  He didn't die.

My mistake. My mistake. I was thinking of the male ambulance attendant, who used to be partnered with the woman.

I watched today, and was made aware of that error.

Wesley H. Allen said:
Here's an old one. Partners, with Don Adams and Leslie Nielson. Early 1970s comedy. Anyone else heard of this, or did I just date myself?

Cheers,

Wes

Yes wes...youre ANCIENT MAN...not as ancient as recceguy (just kidding)  :p but Ancient none the less

*hides from bad karma*

CHeerio,
~ The youngest (by what im sure is a LOT XD ) Moderator

Wesley H. Allen said:

Cheers,

Wes

Wes, I belive you are Refering to a short lived series called Police Squad. Incidentally the "Naked Gun" series of movies are based off of it.
ive only seen a few episodes but they were pure comedy gold.... (and youre not dateing yourself that much.. im only 23 and I know about it)

and yes... Water Rats is great... My Bro and i used to watch it... we used to love when Frank would get all upset and say his little "CAAAAAOOME OOOON!!" thing  heh... accually.. once he started doing it, it seemed it caught on with the rest of the cast...

Back