• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best "battle theme"?

LordVagabond

Inactive
Reaction score
Man I'm in a musical mood today!  :eek: Must be because I use music to calm me down before final exams  :blotto:

Anyways, as the title states, what is/are your favorite piece(s) of "Battle music"? It can be a march, a movie theme, a game theme, something your kid played on a kazoo, whatever  :dontpanic:

For me:

-Metal Gear Solid 3 main theme
-Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, Witch, Wardrobe "The Battle"
-Starship Troopers "FedNet March & Klendathu Drop"
-Children of Dune "Summon the Wurms"
-BattleStar Galactica new series "Wander my friends"

Only a matter of time before someone mentioned Valkyries.

Both from Matrix Reloaded -

THe Chateau (during the Merovingian henchmen battle in the chateau stairway)
Mona Lisa Overdrive (during the hiway chase)

When I was in the Persian Gulf War, we were positioned off Main Supply Route Dodge (MSR), and we called it the Highway to Hell because the next stop was Iraq.  Therefore, AC/DCs "Highway to Hell" was pretty polpular at the time.  In all my deployments I always found myself whistling that corny old Motley Crue ballad "Home Sweet Home."  Feeling a little old, I did not know half the stuff my guys were listening to recently in Iraq.  Besides them calling me the "Old Man," I felt that way too.  Oh well.

Here's one that all of us should sing whenever charging into battle ;D

Canadian battle song

I am Canadian - Bosson

I know this place is where I am,
No other place is better than.
No matter where I go I am,
Proud to be Canadian!

I am, you know I am, I am Canadian!
I am, you know I am, I am Canadian!

I love this country where I am,
This land is where I make my stand.
No other heart is truer than,
The one we call Canadian!

I am, you know (you know I am), I am Canadian
I am, you know I am (you know I am), I am Canadian.
I AM CANADIAN!

how traditionally Canadian..... the theme to a beer commercial as our battle music......  8)

BattleStar Galactica new series "Wander my friends"

Ah yes, I had search that one on Amazon, but as soon as I heard it i knew exactly what episode (the Hand of God) and what scene.  It was a very fitting piece for that episode.

I also saw that you can buy Season 2.0 from Amazon.com ... I wonder if they'll ship it to Canada?

Sheerin:

Slightly off topic, but why not check Amazon.ca? Also, I know that Best Buy and Future Shop both always have BSG box sets in stock (got season 1 a few weeks ago for ~$55). It should also be noted that the one listed on Amazon.com is only HALF of Season 2, as the second half has not aired yet (Anxiously awaiting January 6th, 2006, I am ;D )

The other theme that goes with "Wander My Friends," namely "Battle on the Asteroid," would make a good battle theme, but I don't think it carries the same emotional impact as WMF. You can almost see a huge line of infantry and armor charging in slow motion in a movie somewhere to that theme  :threat: The soundtrack is SO worth buying (I actually downloaded a couple of tracks at first, loved it so much that I bought it the next day because music of that quality deserves support)

If you want the real battle music...you're talking Mars (the bringer of war) from the Planets by Holst, Dies Irae from Requiem- Verdi, of course O Fortuna - Orff, Requiem - Mozart and Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphony No. 8 in c-minor, 1st movement...

Enjoy

Slightly off topic, but why not check Amazon.ca? Also, I know that Best Buy and Future Shop both always have BSG box sets in stock (got season 1 a few weeks ago for ~$55). It should also be noted that the one listed on Amazon.com is only HALF of Season 2, as the second half has not aired yet (Anxiously awaiting January 6th, 2006, I am Grin )

I'd actually be surprised if Season 2.0 was availble up here considering Space hasn't even shown it yet.  I'm sure CHUM would take displeasure if were (note: I just checked Amazon.ca and they don't have it listed.  Didn't surprise me).  Thanks, however, to bitorrent I've already seen the first half (my god it just got better.  Only episode I was kinda bored with... the Lucy Lawless one).  Anxiously awaited the sixth as well, or well more accurately the 7th when our American friends upload it to the interweb...

Sheerin.... don't ya love how they left off episode 2x10? Best cliffhanger ending since "Best of Both Worlds" from Star Trek: TNG  :blotto:

"The Battle" from the movie Gladiator is pretty good, you know from the battle right at the beginning in Germania

Sheerin.... don't ya love how they left off episode 2x10? Best cliffhanger ending since "Best of Both Worlds" from Star Trek: TNG 

Yeah it is definitely up there with BOBW. However i thought the ending to Kabol's Last Gleaming II was the better cliffhanger.  I remember sitting my computer for a few moments afterwards,with my jaw wide open.  I had read online that something huge happens in the last 20 seconds but I wasn't prepared for that!!

Kids today, I don't know...

I think, the instrumental track from "Dr. Strangelove", especially when the B-52 is on the bomb run, and also when it is trying to out-run a nuke tipped SAM.

Slim Pickens at his best, and a very young James Earl Jones gets to say:  "Bomb doors - still negative function."

But the music is great - you will be humming "When johnny comes marching home" for days.

Tom

TCBF: I have the special edition DVD of Dr. Strangelove  ;D ;D Classic movie!

There's also another theme that is good for marching to battle in, namely "The Imperial March" by John Williams (we all know this one). Now, all we need in the CF are AT-AT's so we can defend the arctic better  :eek:

First battle scene from Gladiator always gets me a little worked up. :mad:

Back