• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best "battle theme"?

What??? No pipers to lead into battle.... jesus...I am sure I would love to hear Black Bear into battle. Anyone hear 2RCR Pipe and Drum CD? Worth it's money. It gets me reved up for sure.  :warstory:

The Battle from Gladiator,

But my first "battle song" I ever used was for highschool football and it was "Duel Of the Fates" From the star wars movies.

Definatly NOT the IntOP March - sounds like a circus anthem ... ha ha

My definate fav from a war MOVIE is the song from We were soldiers where they deliver the telegrams ...  have the MP3 and I get teary every time I hear it (I know I am such a chick lol)

But for your more traditional charge into battle type song I like Edvard Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King"

Maggie

muffin said:
But for your more traditional charge into battle type song I like Edvard Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King"

What the....isn't that the Inspector Gadget theme song?  :blotto:

48Highlander said:
What the....isn't that the Inspector Gadget theme song?  :blotto:

i don't think so ... lol

It was in Disney's Fantasia I think..... with the creepy devil guy at the end?! And it is in a lot of Steven King Movies,... ok so maybe I am off the mark a little  ;)

The Magnificent Seven theme..... Yeee-Haw!

Kat Stevens said:
The Magnificent Seven theme..... Yeee-Haw!

Yup nothing like an Elmer Berstein score to get the blood pumping. Yet another reason this is one of the best movies of all times.

( BTW how come we ain't got no frickin cowboy type smilies here?)

An American in Calgary here and when I served in the Gulf Garth Brooks "Friends in Low Places" was considered the "national anthem of the Saudi." 

Any bag pipes playing any tune in the mist of dawn as you assult now thats living high, in the greatest game that can be played on the planet...hunting the most cunning of creatures...MAN

or Valkyrie's

Back when I was still driving tanks, there was nothing that got your adrenaline going during a live fire battle run (battle run in the training area, not on the new firing points) than "Kickstart My Heart" by the Crue pumping through the IC.  Loader and gunner screaming at each other, me in the drivers hole screaming, CC trying (unsuccessfully) to keep control of the crew.  Sweet.

#1 Ride of the Valkyries

#2 Sgt. Mackenzi

#3 Marine's Hymn

But in certain conditions the Danish National anthem will beat them all  :salute:

No Metallica tunes? Like the Star Wars' March of the Empire...?

3rd Horseman said:
Any bag pipes playing any tune in the mist of dawn as you assult now thats living high, in the greatest game that can be played on the planet...hunting the most cunning of creatures...MAN

or Valkyrie's

I think that's a given. In the brief period when I between Kilted regiments and serving in a pant's wearing heathan outfit of sasanachs I had the misfortune of being on the receiving end of a bag pipe lead assault on an FTX in Cape Breton. I did not like it at all.

I'm with Axeman.   O' Fortuna always gets my blood pumping - notwithstanding the fact that it has now been co-opted for a Rickard's Red beer commercial....

here is a few of my pics for Battle themes

Voodoo child- jimi hendrix
Life to lifeless- killswitch engage
O fortuna
ride of the valkryies
Acid piper- bagpipe tune
Swift Silent Deadly- tiger army
DuHast- rammstein

Back