• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BECOMING A COMBAT ENGINEER

M

mellow_minded

I have decided to join the Army reserves and become a combat engineer, the thing is... I don't find alot of info on the Training for Reserves wanting to be Combat Engineers.  So I was wondering if anyone can give me a link for info or as much info as possible I would apreciate it.  Also if you have info on Combat Engineers, the equipment, the activities... anything really on that subject.  Please help.  Thanks

I was a reg force instructor at CFSME from 2001 to 2003 so whatever questions you may have, i can most likely answer.

;D great.  Thank you.  Basicly I plan on joining as a reserve for 2 or 3 years  and then making a component change to Reg. Forces.  But for now.  Most of my questions are about reserve training. 

first question I have is:

How long is BMQ training for reserves and is it at St-Jean as a full time course or is it spread out over weeks?

How long is SQ?

How long is MOC?

it's asked on my application to give the length of my training but when asked everyone gives me diffrent answers.  Thank you for your time. 

How long is BMQ training for reserves and is it at St-Jean as a full time course or is it spread out over weeks?

In the reserves you have 2 options. to do a summer course or a winter course for bmq. if you do the winter course it will take 10 weekends spread out for either september to march or so, or january to march. otherwise it will be a combined BMQ SQ course during the summer which i believe is about 7 or 8 weeks. I did the winter so im not too sure. The winter course is really spread out and just drags on but it is the most convenient for your summer courses.

as for ST jean it really depends on where you live. I live in the toronto area and i trained in fort york and cfb borden

How long is SQ?

Your SQ if you do it during the summer is typicaly 4 weeks less a few days. like all reserve courses it is a real speed ball of a course.

How long is MOC?

the MOC is 6 weeks. first 2 on tools, then demolition, then demolition and obsticals

what regiment did you join?

hope that helped

Sapper Richmond
CHIMO!

Yeah thanks.  That really helped.  I'm Joining the 3rd Field Engineer Squadron  in Ottawa.  THey told me I would most likely end up in the January group.  Anyhow in the mean time can you give me tips on the training.  Things I should get up to speed on.  Things I should put more enfases on.  Anything will help really.  Thanks again.

to start you should learn the rank structure.

calling your instructors "yo man" or "hey buddy" just doesnt work so well

get to know your unit. Go to all parade nights.

other than that you will learn through your mistakes. Just listen to the message and not the yelling and youll do fine.

Say hi to Cpl Desmarais and Spr Bujold for me. tell em its richmond

Back