• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Battlestar Galactica (Beware....Possible SPOILERS! read at your own risk)

Who is most likely a Cylon ?

• Total voters
Dimsum said:
Hell, there are relationships that happen in the CF, no?  And we're not even necessarily thrown in close quarters all of the time.

Tell me how many of them are Senior Commanders and junior officers? It's a surefire way to end a steller career.

Then again the CF has not been under the stress the men and women of the Colonial Fleet and Colonial Marine Corps have been under either. I can not imagine how we would react if placed in that situation. Your home gone, your family gone, being pursued by a relentless enemy who wants you dead....

How interesting.
I just watched the rerun of BSG last night on Space, it was probably the season finale because they found Earth BUT they took a page from Planet of the Apes and Earth was post nuclear war and burnt out.
Is this how they're going to start thenext season ??? 
And since I've already seen Grace Park in The Cleaner and Aaron Douglas in the new CTV cop show, I can't see BSG going beyond a few or more episodes then done like dinner.
It had a good run, some interesting story lines but I think they could have done more and gone further.
:blotto:      :'(

BYT Driver said:
How interesting.
I just watched the rerun of BSG last night on Space, it was probably the season finale because they found Earth BUT they took a page from Planet of the Apes and Earth was post nuclear war and burnt out.
Is this how they're going to start thenext season ???    And since I've already seen Grace Park in The Cleaner and Aaron Douglas in the new CTV cop show, I can't see BSG going beyond a few or more episodes then done like dinner.
It had a good run, some interesting story lines but I think they could have done more and gone further.
:blotto:       :'(

Unfortunately yes. Take a look at the past couple of pages from page 61 onward where people like Trinity speculate on why the Earth was found in such a state.

Something tells me BSG will fizzle out and no one will notice.  A few episodes, change the day/time, then nothing.  They might explore a bit to see what happened to the earthlings, try to find evidence of Cylons, make babies and live happily ever after....
Sort of like what they did to Space: above and Beyond...that was a GOOD show!

???    8)

BYT Driver said:
Something tells me BSG will fizzle out and no one will notice.  A few episodes, change the day/time, then nothing.  They might explore a bit to see what happened to the earthlings, try to find evidence of Cylons, make babies and live happily ever after....
Sort of like what they did to Space: above and Beyond...that was a GOOD show!

???     8)

That's not the case at all.  Ron D Moore and Michael Eick (sp) decided that this was going to be the final season, not Sci-Fi.  It'll be back with weekly airings in January and 10 weeks after that we'll have the much anticpated series finale. 

That's right, it was set from the beginning to be portrayed as a story, with a beginning and end. We are no coming up upon the end, so it won't 'fizzle'. The whole reason why they want to end it that way is to prevent that from happening. They want to end the series in its prime.

Well, the way the last episode ended, it was more fizzle than sizzle.  It gave the impression that there are no more episodes (I know there are more).

As written I don't think they expected to have a six month (or greater) lay off between the end of the first half and the start of the second, but that damned writers strike got in the way of that.

As for ending with a sizzle, Ron Moore has said in his blog that he really liked how the Sopranos ended and that he wished he thought of it first.  Perhaps we'll see something similiar with the final episode?

Sheerin said:
As for ending with a sizzle, Ron Moore has said in his blog that he really liked how the Sopranos ended and that he wished he thought of it first.  Perhaps we'll see something similiar with the final episode?

Oh, god no!  That was the worst piece of crap ever!  :mad:

Edit to add:

Ok, the series finale for Jericho blew more...

Spencer100 said:
Wasn't the six month break do to the writers strike? 
yes. 
In fact there was a good chance that the series wouldn't have been completed if the strike lasted much longer. 

As for the Soprano's finale, I personally thought it was great, but I can understand why people would disagree.  While I would have loved to know what happened, I'm sure whatever it was would have been somewhat anticlimatic. 

According to the below link, the first pilot episode of "Caprica" will premiere on November (not sure if this applies to Space Channel viewers in Canada), while the DVD version of Season 4's first half will come out on Dec.30, IIRC.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

CougarDaddy 

Thanks for the update so it sounds like their going to split season four into a two box set again well I will forgive them of this because of the writer strike .        I love the show glad to here that there is possibly a movie coming out would be sweet to see even if its a prequel .            So does every one think that it will be back on air for early Jan  that would be sweet going through withdrawls LOL

karl28 said:
CougarDaddy 

Thanks for the update so it sounds like their going to split season four into a two box set again well I will forgive them of this because of the writer strike .        I love the show glad to here that there is possibly a movie coming out would be sweet to see even if its a prequel .            So does every one think that it will be back on air for early Jan  that would be sweet going through withdrawls LOL

Aye, I can't wait for the series to start up again, at least for now Fringe is satisfying my urges to watch high quality shows.

So...Did they find Earth or what?( I don't have the time or patience to watch the last season but wish to know anyway) ;D

Slim

Slim said:
So...Did they find Earth or what?( I don't have the time or patience to watch the last season but wish to know anyway) ;D

Slim

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db_RPx4S8e0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2kTaueeDHs

CougarDaddy said:
Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db_RPx4S8e0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2kTaueeDHs

Just watched them finding Earth...

...Ouch :eek:

I'm working on that show right now.  Actually, the series itself has wrapped, but they shot a pilot for a spinoff series set on Caprica with a "Resistance Movement" theme this summer, and we're now doing a Movie-of-the-Week which revisits Caprica just before the Cylons attacked - during the attack - immediately after the attack - and up to the point Starbuck takes the jump-ship back to retrieve The Arrow.  It's going to be pretty cool.  Edward James Olmos ("Adama") is directing, and he both knows and loves what Galactica has been all about these last five years and it shows every time he gets anyone to do anything.  Cool to see. And rare.

Back