• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Battlestar Galactica (Beware....Possible SPOILERS! read at your own risk)

Who is most likely a Cylon ?

• Total voters
Good News

New 2 hour BG movie coming to DVD!

[urlhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HRF68A/?tag=imdb-button][/url]

It is called "The Plan", Battlestar Galactica: The Plan tells the story of two powerful Cylon leaders, working separately, and their determination to finish the task.

Out Oct 27 2009

Only part I enjoyed in the last episode is the combat portion. The very end is a bit of a let down, and annoying way to end. 'So we fought for our survival and crossed the galaxy...only to go native and end our existence culturally? Rigghtt, now give us a ship'.

Finale spoiler...

Oh gods I really hated Lee Adama when he announced that "technology = BAD". Really? Is that what this complex show's been trying to tell us this whole time? And not take responsibility of your own action, or whether machines have souls or even if anybody was worthy of survival?

That last few minutes with headBaltar and headSix was pretty cheesy too. That reminded me of the whole opera house "vision", which in reality just consisted of Hera idiotically running away from her mother and then Baltar (or Six?) happened to pick her up and walked a few feet to the CIC.

And ya, you can tell I'm not satisfied with the finale either. It sort of ruined the whole series for me.

I thought Razor felt like a cheap add on (though the acting was great as always), and I don't expect much from "The Plan", which is probably going to be 2 hours of retcon.

Sorry to have to necropost this topic...

but I just saw "BSG: the Plan" on DVD on tonight.

It seemed pretty mediocre too me- it just pretty much filled in a lot of the things- through actions- on events that were already discussed or alluded to already in the series. Just like what the other spinoff movie, "BSG:Razor" did, IIRC.

[SPOILERS FOLLOW- don't read beyond this if you don't wanna know]

------------------------------------------------------

I thought the fleet battle where Admiral Nagala's fleet engaged the dozens of Cylon basestars near Caprica seemed a bit too short and quick- the Cylons turned off the Colonials' computers on their Viper and Battlestars and voila...sitting ducks. Sigh. Shouldn't have expected more.

The little extra bit about a sympathetic Simon/5 with a wife and child in the fleet was new to me.

I found this on youtube.  Due to long shortages of anything Battlestar (or Caprica) I thought it would be reminiscent for those die hard fans. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDm1I_8nj14&feature=player_embedded

A new webisode series featuring more of the young Adama's exploits in the 1st Cylon War, is being worked on:

link

Syfy is working on a new Battlestar Galactica series that will follow the exploits William "Husker" Adama during the Cylon War. According to the Chicago Tribune, the show is called "Blood and Chrome" and will be an online series with about 10 episodes, each around 9 minutes long.

According to Mark Stern, Syfy's executive vice president of original programming and the co-head of original content for Universal Cable Productions, "Battlestar Galactica" and "Caprica" co-executive producer Michael Taylor will write the the script for the new venture.
"Blood & Chrome" is "about a young man's initiation into war: both the realities of war as fought by soldiers on the ground (and in Battlestars and Vipers), and the somewhat less real version portrayed in the media," according to Taylor.
"Blood & Chrome" would consist of nine or 10 episodes of nine or 10 minutes each, and it would make use of cutting-edge digital technology and special effects to depict the Cylon War. If it is greenlit to production, it will be filmed using green screens and virtual sets, not unlike Syfy's "Sanctuary" or James Cameron's "Avatar." Before "Battlestar Galactica" ended, high-tech scans were made of all the show's sets, so that the special-effects team will be able to re-create them (possibly even in 3D).

Taylor revealed some other details to the Tribune:

"I've seen the virtual, 3D version of CIC ['Battlestar's' Combat Information Center] and it's pretty damn cool," Taylor said. "And yet the movie isn't confined to Galactica. Far from it. It's a story that will take us to new corners of the 'Battlestar' world (or worlds), and yet it aims to be a very contemporary war movie in a lot of ways. I would say I'm thinking as much of Afghanistan and Iraq--the reality of 'Hurt Locker,' Sebastian Junger's 'Restrepo,' and similar movies--as I am about about the largely implied past of 'Battlestar.'"
If the series is successful, more could follow.

An update:
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/22/syfy-greenlights-battlestar-galactica-blood-chrome/69283

From tvbythenumbers.com 22 Oct 2010

SYFY GREENLIGHTS BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD & CHROME

2-Hour Pilot Chronicles Young William Adama’s Adventures in First Cylon War

NEW YORK – October 22, 2010 – Syfy is readying an exciting all-new chapter in the Battlestar Galactica saga with a greenlight for Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome from Executive Producer David Eick, it was announced today by Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, Syfy and Co-Head of Content for Universal Cable Productions. Universal Cable Productions will produce the 2-hour pilot with Syfy utilizing cutting edge CGI and virtual technology.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20’s and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet… the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.

“The ‘Galactica’ universe as re-imagined by Ron Moore and David Eick is rich with possibilities and backstory,” said Mark Stern. “We jumped at the chance to revisit the William Adama character and explore this exciting chapter in the BSG narrative which falls between the events of the original series and the prequel, ‘Caprica,’ currently airing on Syfy.”

“While maintaining the themes of politics, social propaganda, and the timeless question:  what does it mean to be human? – ‘Blood & Chrome’ will also return us to the authentic, relentless depiction of combat and the agony and ecstasy of human-Cylon war, which was the hallmark of ‘Battlestar Galactica’s’ early seasons,” said David Eick.

Michael Taylor wrote the teleplay from a story by Eick, Taylor and Bradley Thompson & David Weddle.

Looks like it will be an actual series vice web series.

Has anyone else here watched Battlestar Galactica, Blood and Chrome, about a young Bill Adama's experiences in the 1st Cylon War?

The whole digital series' 1st season has been officially put up on Machinima's Youtube channel:

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome season 1

For those who want to go straight to the space battle action, one should check out episode 5-6 with the Battlestar Osiris.

Personally, I like it since it's a fresh take on the BSG universe.

I really enjoyed it....its too bad the networks never picked it up. Then again that seems to be the norm these days. The good shows get cut and the drivel continues to play.

Can anyone tell me what Castle has to do with Sci Fi? I see it now airs on the Space channel..... boggles the mind....

It's the Nathan Fillion connection, from his time on Firefly.  Tenuous connection, but there it is.

I bought the Blood and Chrome DVD a couple of weeks ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Loachman said:
I bought the Blood and Chrome DVD a couple of weeks ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Watched it on YouTube when it first aired. I hope it has legs.

A BSG movie is in the works that aims to make another re-imagined version:

Variety.com

‘Battlestar Galactica’ Movie Gets New Life at Universal (EXCLUSIVE)

APRIL 7, 2014 | 02:20PM PT
Film Reporter
Dave McNary
Film Reporter
@Variety_DMcNary
Universal is ramping up a movie version of the sci-fi franchise “Battlestar Galactica,” aiming to develop the film as a complete reimagining of the story.

“Transcendence” writer Jack Paglen has signed on to write the screenplay. Paglen has also committed to Ridley Scott’s “Prometheus” sequel for Fox that will start production this fall.

Original series creator Glen Larson will produce the “Battlestar Galactica” film.

There have been four “Galactica” TV series (including the brief “Galactica 1980″ and “Caprica”). The first, starring Lorne Greene and Richard Hatch, ran during the 1978-79 season and was centered on humans engaged in a lengthy war against a cybernetic race known as the Cylons while searching for Earth.

In 2003, a reimagined “Battlestar Galactica” miniseries aired on Sci Fi Channel. The series, starring Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell, went on to run for four seasons.

In 2009, speculation emerged that Bryan Singer was attached to direct a “Battlestar Galactica” movie.

Universal’s exec VP of production Scott Bernstein and director of development Jay Polidoro are overseeing the latest version of “Battlestar Galactica” for the studio.

(...EDITED)

Back