• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Battle of Paardeberg Statistics / Data

ballz

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Hello all,

This year to commemorate the Battle of Paardeberg our Bn officers are having a smaller mixed dining-in event (every second year we throw a big  huge event, the years in between are smaller more akin to this). I am looking for some hard data directly related to The RCR and the Battle of Paardeberg.

Thing such as how many Royal Canadians fought in the 2nd Boer War, how many Royal Canadian casualties and/or KIA during the 2nd Boer War and specifically how many during the Battle of Paardeberg.

All of this would be included in a short summary of the battle that I have to write. Still trying to wrap my head around how to sum it up on one side of a stand letter-sized piece of paper, but I think the hard data will help me do so.

Having just done ROIC I know there's a few instructors on here that may have the data handy from the presentations. I cannot find anything very specific to The RCR through Google.

ballz, send me a note on the DWAN tomorrow and I will pass some stats tomorrow or early next week (I might get locked into meetings tomorrow). I have a few Paardeberg presentations that I have done that I will pull some things from.

Mike

Back