• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Banned?

medic269

Inactive
Reaction score
Ive been reading through alot of the old threads and see there's alot of people banned of the boards.  I guess this geared towards to Moderators, how ignorant do you have to be to get banned?  You would assume on a forum like this most people would have enough common sense to act civil, but with the amount of banned members, I start to wonder...

medic269 said:
You would assume on a forum like this most people would have enough common sense to act civil,
you'd think. We're pretty lenient in most respects, but there are certain buttons. You'll usually get a couple warnings before Administrative steps begin, and there are several of those.

Would still be funny to see the comments that got people banned :D

Usually you have to be pretty dense or ignorant to be banned....usually by either going against the Guidelines laid out by Mike Bobbitt or complete trolling.

Normally it's a drawn out process that can take weeks or months depending on how fast you want to get banned.

Some of the lesser infractions normally get a Verbal and they realise they screwed up and carry on, with no more problems.

However you get the odd one, and they seem to come in waves, that come here to do nothing but stir up the pot and piss people off....

Which usually results in a ban.

See more in the Guidelines.

Hope that helps.

Regards

As for posting up some of the comments....you only have to look at the member's, that got banned, last few posts.

If people would read and follow the guidelines, there wouldn't be any problem. If they don't we have a warning system (that should be read also) that progresses an offender through various steps and decreasing degrees of userability, the last being your banned and can't post. However, we've had some that have just come here to raise shyte, in which case we spot them pretty quick, figure their game and ban them straight off. We endevour to give everyone a fair shake, it may not seen so at times, but most decisions based on the Warning System are not the doings of one Mod, each case is looked at individually and normally has input from a number of us. Hope that makes it a little easier to understand.

Recce By Death said:
As for posting up some of the comments....you only have to look at the member's that got banned last few posts.

Ugh.  That was slightly less fun than I thought it would be.

Callsign Kenny said:
Ugh.  That was slightly less fun than I thought it would be.

It never pleasant watching someone implode............well, wait a minute...........naw ;)

I do it too Kenny! If i'm bored just start going over those last few posts and the reaction that they got. You just got to hang in there, theres some GOLDEN ones if you look hard enough. You just end up wondering how some of those people get through life with such ignorant and basically bad ideas on life and the world. Good for a giggle though.

Some people may think we Ban too easy or ask why we use the Warning System and all we can suggest is for you to log unto militaryphotos.net and see why we try to keep a slightly tighter rein on things here.

My God! I'd never been there before. "Country's you love to hate" as a topic?  ::) I can see HOURS of fun filled readings in the near future!
I dont know about the easy to ban thing, you guys give people plenty of chances. Its up to the poster to take heed though, you guys keep this site respectable and serious while still allowing plenty of fun.

I have wondered on occasion what certain posters have done to get themselves banned then I find another interesting topic to read and pretty much forget about it.

To all the Directing Staff.  Thanks for keeping this board a valuable resource.

Cheers
:cheers:

Awesome, interesting to see everyone's bit.  I've noticed in some of the posts there is alot of hero's out there, it's good to see such a thorough system put in place to watch over them. 

Well, there have been some interesting moments.  Some have been banned in under a minute; usually for posting obscenities or 'Hate'.  Some have lasted longer and provided some rather interesting entertainment as they were 'toyed with' or were just ROTFL on their own.  Some have become legends in their own minds and come from all kinds of backgrounds; the Leftie Pike from Bancouver, the Legal Eagle JAGwannabe from Montreal.  Some didn't take it well and left in a huff never to come back, well were Banned and never came back.  Some have the Army.ca Monkey on their back and keep on trying to come back.  Stay tuned.  School is out, and there are more interesting folk out there waiting in the wings.

I was bored last night so I banned George. The I un banned him because he's so cuddly.

In all seriousness I do not think any of us enjoy banning someone although the results are sometimes fun (!) As George hinted, we sometimes allow the soon to be banned to stay a little longer so they may provide entertainment to the troops - the DS can't have all the fun.

It's not always easy being DS but some of these guys are really entertaining, look for my memoirs.

We ban people for the good of the people who post in threads like this, those of you who truly enjoy it here and wish to be a positive force at the site. We also do not normally ban someone until they have had "chances" in the warning system - sometimes there are exceptions but most are treated to a ladder before being launched.

Scott said:
I was bored last night so I banned George. The I un banned him because he's so cuddly.
everytime I click on my own profile, I see that "ban" button, and I really want to see what'll happen.

paracowboy said:
everytime I click on my own profile, I see that "ban" button, and I really want to see what'll happen.

Is it really red, or a darker green?  ;D

Back