• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

avn red forever?

i understand its not that AVN is closed..its that AVS is more open..does that make sense? AVN is short, but AVS is at a lower strength, percentage wise.

Fatmike_011 said:
I just heard from a friend trying to enrol that no more Avn's are being hired this year. If this is the case is the trade still not allowing People to OT or just so backed up on training, as i got out of Borden a year ago i know that place is packed with students, some people waited up to 6 months for a course.

NO trade is absolutely closed for OTs out.  However, limits are placed on how many people can OT out of a trade based on the trade health (green, amber or red) and 2 key numbers used to determine MOC health, the TES (Trained Effective Strength) and PML (Preferred Manning Level).

To determine the trade health, divide the TES # by the PML # and multiply by 100 to get a percentage.

Trades that are 5% or less below PML are deemed green, 5-10% below PML are amber, and more than 10% below PML are red.

Green trades are capped at 2% of the TES allowed to OT each FY, amber ones at 1% and red trades are capped at 0.5%.  (Unless this policy has changed, which I am not aware of)

Now, of course, CFAO 11-12 (InterNet link is not up at this time) is the governing regulation for eligibilty for ALL Reg Force NCMs to OT.

Specifically for AVN, based on the info available at the DIN link below for the 09/10 FY, AVS #s are:

TES - 2619
PML - 2977

MOC health - 88% (red).

OT outcap # - 13

On the link below (DIN/IntraNet ISS site), go to the Out Cap Plan - FY 2009/2010 link.

http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgmc/engraph/InServiceSelection_e.asp

Back