• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Autobiography Thread (merged)

• Thread starter Fogpatrol 1.0
  • Start date
I would think they mean the last line of the autobiography and on the lower right of the sheet.  Isn't there already threads on the autobiography?

Hi everyone,

I just joined this site and would like to say that it has been really helpful to me so far! Good work.

Alright now my question. I am writing the Autobiography  that is required to write before arriving to CFLRS Saint Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec. Everything was good so far following everything as instructed in the welcome package but I came near to the end of my writhing and realized that I am over the 300 to 400 words instructed on the sheet included in the package. Im having a hard time reaching my recruiting center so figured someone could help me here. One thing I know in the army you follow instructions by the letter and all that so I was wondering if it matters if I went over the 400 words I'm in the five hundreds. Anyway thanks in advance for you help! In the mean time I will most likey re-write it to fit the 400 words but was curious about this... Don't mind the typing not paying attention for mistakes on this and oh leaving for BMQ on august 18th! Traffic Tech!

Thannks guys,

i would probably follow the instructions.

rewrite it to be as to the point as possible - its not an english essay

jonathan.paulin said:
Hi everyone,

I just joined this site and would like to say that it has been really helpful to me so far! Good work.

Alright now my question. I am writing the Autobiography  that is required to write before arriving to CFLRS Saint Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec. Everything was good so far following everything as instructed in the welcome package but I came near to the end of my writhing and realized that
I am over the 300 to 400 words instructed
on the sheet included in the package. Im having a hard time reaching my recruiting center so figured someone could help me here. One thing
I know in the army you follow instructions by the letter
and all that so
I was wondering if it matters if I went over
the 400 words I'm in the five hundreds. Anyway thanks in advance for you help! In the mean time I will most likey re-write it to fit the 400 words but was curious about this... Don't mind the typing not paying attention for mistakes on this and oh leaving for BMQ on august 18th! Traffic Tech!

Thannks guys,
If you still believe you have a question....

...then no, it doesn't matter in the slightest; write away.  Odds are that your life's accomplishments to date are so awesomely worthy of a multi-volume tome that the Recruit School Sergeant will likely give you a massive hug for adding to his life after having reading it.  :nod:

Hey, so my BMQ is on the 14th (But i must be at St-jean on the 12th) and i was about to start the Autobiography when i realized i needed 8.5" x 14" lined paper. But you see, that doesn't exist or it's very rare. I don't have that paper at home (i got blank, but not lined). So i decided to create my own lined paper (With my PC) and i printed that paper. I finished my Autobiography. I wanted to know, am i the only one with this problem?

TL;DR : I don't have 8.5" x 14" lined paper, i created my own. Am i the only one in this situation?

freddy said:
Hey, so my BMQ is on the 14th (But i must be at St-jean on the 12th) and i was about to start the Autobiography when i realized i needed 8.5" x 14" lined paper. But you see, that doesn't exist or it's very rare. I don't have that paper at home (i got blank, but not lined). So i decided to create my own lined paper (With my PC) and i printed that paper. I finished my Autobiography. I wanted to know, am i the only one with this problem?

TL;DR : I don't have 8.5" x 14" lined paper, i created my own. Am i the only one in this situation?

Gee!  I wonder where the CF buys all its 8 1/2 X 14 paper?  Ah yessssss!  Staples.

They're called "Legal Pads" because they're used regularly in law firms. Typically they come in white or yellow and should be available at any major stationary store like Staples.

Note that these are pads that have a gummed top edge to hold the pad together but pages tear off very easily and any gum residue can be easily removed from a page.

I have never seen lined legal sized loose-leaf paper and like you when I needed specialized pages (for example for a binder for examinations for discovery with a spot for page numbering and columns for serial/text/comments) I would create a word template to quickly print them off as needed.

Good luck on the course.

LOL! 

My sister went into Staples looking for 8.5" X 14" ruled note pads.  They didn't have any on the shelf, and couldn't even find a spot for that size!!  So I went online to check for a product #. 

They don't have the above noted "size".....but when you search for Legal note pads, this is what you get:

Hilroy Figuring Pad, Wide-Rule, 8-3/8" x 13-3/4", White, 96 Sheets

Perhaps it's close enough??

Nope..... trust me you can find legal paper at staples I just bought a pack not too long ago.......

Seriously? crap. Ok then i will check at Staple tomorrow if they have some i will rewrite my Autobiography, if they don't i will keep the one i have right now

Here's my "Version" of the paper :

201301102159531.jpg

Try here
https://www.grandandtoy.com/product/EN/06310B_Foolscap_Paper.aspx
Or here
http://www.officedepot.ca/Letter-Legal-and-Jr-Pads/Sparco-Premium-Grade-Perforated-Legal-Ruled-Pad-1014.asp

NFLD Sapper said:
Nope..... trust me you can find legal paper at staples I just bought a pack not too long ago.......

Not trying to be an a$$, but did you check the actual sizing on the package?  I live in a rural community, and our local Staples didn't have anything that resembled "Legal" sized pads (hence the reason for checking online and coming up with the info in my previous post), but one of the small stationary stores had some loose "Legal" pads without any sizing on them.

https://www.grandandtoy.com/product/EN/051450_Hilroy_Economy_Legal-Size_Pad.aspx

or dont worry about it because they make you re-write it once your there anyways - on their paper. Just bring a rough draft.

Hard to believe the paper is difficult to find at Staples.  I have not done my autobiography as of yet. I will head over to Staples in North Bay on Saturday to purchase some paper and complete my bio.

MedTech Hopeful said:
Not trying to be an a$$, but did you check the actual sizing on the package?  I live in a rural community, and our local Staples didn't have anything that resembled "Legal" sized pads (hence the reason for checking online and coming up with the info in my previous post), but one of the small stationary stores had some loose "Legal" pads without any sizing on them.
And said smaller stationery stores didn't have rulers to check with?

Quite fretting over this.

Write it out on a napkin if you want, it really doesn't matter as you'll 110% have to re-do it once you get to Saint Jean.  you'll have specific instructions on how to complete it, dimensions on the margins, etc.

Best of luck.

Dude just tell your staff it's 2013 and that you just wrote your autobiography on your PC and printed it.

milnews.ca said:
And said smaller stationery stores didn't have rulers to check with?

Unfortunately, I didn't even think to measure the pads!  Just asked if they had Legal size in stock....

Back