• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August BMQ- 2009

yeA the paperwork finally went thru leave the 29th for bmq st jean on the 31st look for me BOOTHMAN

Everyone who is attending the August 31st course should PM me there MSN, or Facebook name. I would like to discuss the course with them, and maybe get together for a drink

Hey, I'm leaving on the 15th for a start date of the 17th anyone going that day that wants to meet up or msn it my email is corbeil.chris@gmail.com

My BMQ starts on the 17 on i do no know when I swere(SP) in yet.

P.S WE MISS YOU FAVRE PLEASE COME BACK

can anyone tell me how long it took to get an offer after your medical? mine is on the 5th of august... i was wondering if anyone could give me an approximation?

Obviously everyones case is different but I got an offer about 2 months after, and I had no problems or complications. Good Luck

I Got an offer 3 weeks after being merit listed, but getting merit listed was very tough for me, so the whole thing took a little bit.

Congratz to those who have sworn in or will be.

Had my swearing in July 29th.  Went really well.  Very excited here.  I'm on course 0299 for Nav Comm.  I'll see a whole bunch of you at Pearson on the 9th.  Although, I'm not looking forward to waiting around for five hours in Montreal for the shuttle.  Hoping to make a bunch of friends though. 

:salute:

RedRanger said:
I'm not looking forward to waiting around for five hours in Montreal for the shuttle.

That's just to get you used to waiting around.  You'll do a lot of it in your career.  ;)

Hey RedRanger I was also at that swearing in on july 29th in toronto and congratulations man.  I was like the only asian guy there if ya noticed me. I'm in course 0274 going MAR ENG MECH. Can't believe that BMQ is only about a week away after months of waiting and training.

Hope to see ya on the 9th!  ;D

I will be sworn in on the 14th of August and start my BMQ on August 31st. I guess I got the last August date so I will see you all there. :salute:

getting sworn in on aug 5th for aug10th bmq. yay... can't wait. hahaha Its going to be fun I hope. Really cannot wait, but why the swearing in so late compared to others gah...

ok so I have to fly to montreal, pretty sure I just go to the airport on my own as they already gave me my ticket. But when I land in montreal I have to go to the bus, now is this something I notify people of. Or do I just meander my way to where ever the bus is. Assuming there assuming your on your way down. I know there is specific times. But I may or may not make it to the bus on time depending on flight delays, or whatever comes up as it is an airport.

edit: Nevermind, I found the details in my joining intructions, see you there guppy

RedRanger said:
Congratz to those who have sworn in or will be.

Had my swearing in July 29th.  Went really well.  Very excited here.  I'm on course 0299 for Nav Comm.  I'll see a whole bunch of you at Pearson on the 9th.  Although, I'm not looking forward to waiting around for five hours in Montreal for the shuttle.  Hoping to make a bunch of friends though. 

:salute:

Get a taxi 25$ each with 4 people

Chris Payne said:
Get a taxi 25$ each with 4 people

Do some research before you decide to give some advice.

From the Joining Insturctions posted at CFLRS ST.JEAN WEBSITE.

How to get there
For the candidates who are arriving, there are two methods to get to the St-Jean garrison: personal transportation or commercial transportation. Both of these methods must be coordinated with your local recruitment center before the candidates depart for basic training.

1.Personal Transport:

This method entails the candidate using a personal motor vehicle (whether the vehicle belongs to him/her or someone else). A road map (Annex A) can be found at the end of this document. Candidates who wish to park their vehicle in the St-Jean garrison for their course must have registration and insurance papers with them. You will have to park your vehicle in lot A1. During the course, you will only be authorized to use your vehicle during designated weekends.

2.Commercial Transport:

This method includes any means of travel other than a personal motor vehicle which requires purchasing of tickets. This includes airplane, train, bus and taxis. Candidates arriving by commercial transport will transit through the Montreal area by either Montreal Trudeau airport, Berri-UQAM bus depot or the Place Bonaventure train station. Candidates must then take the designated shuttle bus according to this timetable (Saturdays and Sundays):
a.Shuttle bus departure from Montreal airport to St-Jean garrison on SATURDAYS

■15h00
■20h00

b.Shuttle bus departure from Montreal airport to St-Jean garrison on SUNDAYS :
■15h00
■19h00

3.Candidates living in the Montreal area can travel by personal means to Trudeau Montreal airport in order to take the shuttle bus at the prescribed hours. Nevertheless, it is important that you inform your recruiting centers of your intentions for coordination purposes.

4.Trudeau Montreal airport:

Once at Montreal airport, wait for an instructor in uniform in the vicinity of the domestic baggage carousel. An instructor in uniform (as well as a Canadian Forces poster) will be on location between::

a.14h00 and 15h00 (Saturday and Sunday)
b.19h00 and 20h00 (Saturday)
c.18h00 and 19h00 (Sunday).

5.Dorval train station:

If you arrive at the train station between 06h00 and 19h30 on Saturdays or between 06h00 and 18h30 on Sundays, you are to use Via'a Airconnect shuttle service (free with your train ticket if you are coming from a western destination, or some expenses will be necessary for the service if you are coming from an eastern destination) to get to the assembly point at the airport. This shuttle will be parked in front of the train station and runs between the airport and the train station on a regular basis. Once at the airport, you are to get to the arrival (domestic) baggage area to link up with the instructor at the assembly point. An instructor in uniform will be in place (as well as a Canadian Forces poster put in place by the instructor to identify the assembly point) at these timings:

6.Berri-UQAM bus depot:

If you arrive at the bus depot between 06h00 and 19h00 on Saturdays or between 06h00 and 18h00 on Sundays, you are to use the airport shuttle service (14$ - service every 20 minutes) to get to the assembly point at the airport. Once at the airport, you are to get to the arrival (domestic) baggage area to link up with the instructor at the assembly point. An instructor in uniform will be in place (as well as a Canadian Forces poster put in place by the instructor to identify the assembly point) at these timings:

7.It is your responsibility to verify departure timings. If the shuttle bus is not present at the designated hours, contact the instructor who will be available at (514) 773-2609 before deciding to take a taxi. If you cannot establish contact at that number, contact the school at (450)-358-7099 ext 7229 for further instructions.

8.Candidates who are arriving via commercial transport between 20h00 and 06h00 (Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday) or after 19h00 on Sunday night will be required to take a taxi to CFLRS which will cost them approx $90 (Keep the receipt to claim it later). Your recruitment center should warn you ahead of time if you will not be arriving during business hours. If there is more than one person taking the taxi, it is the candidate's obligation to pool as many people as possible in the taxi.

Back