• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATIS Tech cap badge.

Narcisse

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all,

I would like to know if anybody could inform me which cap badge are wearing ATIS Tech and what would be written on the flap instead of Canada, would it be something like EME ?

Thank you !

Signals cap badge.

The flap says "Canada" unless you belong to a unit that has the unit name (like the mobile radar sqns or the line flying squadrons).

ATIS techs are part of the "communications and electronics branch" and wear the Communications and electronics (aka Signals) cap badge.
also, ATIS techs are part of the air element and don't have corps designations and thus wear "Canada" on their slip on ranks.  ( in contrast, the army trades within the comm elec branch make up the Signals Corps and wear the designation "Signals" on their slip ons.

Thank you very much for both of your fast answers. Very appreciated !

Have a good day !

2Lt Rousseau said:
Thank you very much for both of your fast answers. Very appreciated !
Being in the Signals world, I can see how you would find timely, effective communications a bit odd.    :whistle:

;)    <---- this means it's not serious kids

CDN Aviator said:
The flap says "Canada" unless you belong to a unit that has the unit name (like the mobile radar sqns or the line flying squadrons).

I have never seen an air force slip on with anything but "Canada" .  Are these a flight suit thing? Or worn on cadpat.  What about DEU shoulder slip ons ?

I haven't had much exposure to RCAF Sqns and radar stations. So I will rely on your expertise on that.  I know Service battalions have members wearing the Svc BN slp ons, but I seem to recall air element pers still wearing blue chevrons (or bars) with Canada below.

PiperDown said:
Are these a flight suit thing? Or worn on cadpat. 

Anyone, regardless of trade that is posted to an RCAF line sqn can wear unit tiles on the slip-ons, in both in FS and CADPAT. I have never seen unit titles on DEU slip-ons.

Just like this :

img0162.gif

Back