• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ASC Feb 26th...

benny88 said:
Inch,
    The difficulty of BFT aside, it still allows you to skip PFT, which is techinically square one, right?

Why would you want to skip PFT????  The wait will be the same wether you skip PFT or not...

Max

SupersonicMax said:
Why would you want to skip PFT????  The wait will be the same wether you skip PFT or not...

Max

Sometimes you don't have the option and no, the wait is not the same. I jumped ahead of everyone on my BOTC due to my bypass.

Right now, the numbers are drawn when both of those conditions are met :  Degree completed and BOTC completed (basically, when you become a commissionned officer).  So, right now, people are doing PFT that joined in March (DEO) and are ahead of RMC grads from last May . You MIGHT go ahead of the few people on your BOTC (which might equate to 1 course after) but you number is NOT drawn after PFT...  But even that, the AF training told us the numbers are drawn randomly...

The only time you won't have the option is if you have the aviation degree. Other than that it's pretty much mandatary from what I hear/see.  On me course, I had a 1000 hrs guy that never went to Aviation College but had his commercial and his A's written.

Max

When I was in language school, there were 80 pilots there, so more like 5 courses ahead, but who's counting?

Times have changed I guess, it was 7 years ago that I first got my number for Moose Jaw.

Degree or Diploma gets you a bypass, I have no degree.

Back