• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Run

caocao

Inactive
Reaction score
Yay me!  PB for the half marathon this morning, 1:45:19.  Previous best was 1:49 and change.  Who else was out there this beautiful morning?

Enjoyed the run as well. Weather was not bad. Congrats on the PB  :nod:

caocao said:
Yay me!  PB for the half marathon this morning, 1:45:19.  Previous best was 1:49 and change.  Who else was out there this beautiful morning?

An hour and 45 mins? Isn't a half marathon like 20 Kms? And you're not a teenager...

Wow! My hat is off to you and those like you - awesome. I'm so jealous - usually takes me an hour just to warm the car up in the morning! 20Kms in under 2 hours? On foot? My... see? Now THIS is great leadership! I'd follow you caocao... just wouldn't be able to keep up though!!

Was out there as well for my first ever 1/2 marathon. Great times! The best atmosphere you can ask for. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Just make sure to do some training for it. I am sore as hell today. ;D

It says a lot about a person. Put your best foot forward... and keep putting it forward! For those who are a little nervous to try that half marathon - or for that matter anyone nervous to try the Army run at all - just remember - it is a very respectable thing to attempt. Doesn't matter if you succeed the distance, you already won by succeeding with the decision to do something that is difficult for you.

I truly admire all the men and women in the CAF who do this every year and admire those first-timers just as much. If you tie up those runners, bust your a$$ and cave in at the 3Km mark - good on you. You tried. Never quit.

For those who make it look so easy - I hate you all!! (Seriously I don't...) YUCK!!

Agreed. You get to witness greatness. This year, for example, the triple amputee Bryan Cuerrier was taking part in the 1/2 marathon, which was truly inspirational. One thing to note, this event is not only for the CAF personnel. It is open to anyone. It's called the Army Run because it's in support of the Canadian military. It's a very popular event now, so it's recommended to register months in advance.

BinRat55 said:
An hour and 45 mins? Isn't a half marathon like 20 Kms? And you're not a teenager...

Wow! My hat is off to you and those like you - awesome. I'm so jealous - usually takes me an hour just to warm the car up in the morning! 20Kms in under 2 hours? On foot? My... see? Now THIS is great leadership! I'd follow you caocao... just wouldn't be able to keep up though!!

Thanks!

Until i signed up for my first one a few years ago i was sure that i couldn't run more then 10k.  Now my next step is to do a full marathon under 4 hrs.  I failed the last time but hoping to redeem myself at the end of Oct.  one i do i am done with 42km, way to hard on this old frame!

Back