• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army guys, what is your regiment (or, for cadets, what regiment you are affiliated to)?

Gilligan said:
hmmm....never did cadets.   Went straight to reserves, 744 Communication Regiment, Vancouver, BC

side note: hey Franko, if you see Desrochers, tell him Cpl Gill says hi.   And, too bad about Pet.....I personally, am not a fan!
      Former 744 Communications Regiment, Vancouver.   Semper Versitus!   ;D

3125 Chestermere/Calgary Highlanders. Affiliated with the Calgary Highlanders Reserve Regiment. When I'm old enough, my old man says I *must* join.

I am in 1 RCHA and was part of 2642 3RCR CC as well, from 96 - 2001.

i was with the:

2137 Calgary Highlanders

2509 RC Sig's (Calgary)

as for the information on regimental alliances try going here

http://regiments.org/regiments/na-canada/lists/cargxref.htm

3RCR_Jones said:
When where In in?   :)

'99-'01, Cbtygunner is my brother we were both in that corps together..look in some of the old photo albums you'll find my pic in there but ive changed since im not 5'1 anymore...

3036 sackville electrical mechanical engineers- 33 service battalion Halifax ( affiliated unit)

Pte. Gaisford said:
Best f*cking regiment in the country...

You sure like to talk the big game (best f**king regiment, the Canadian reserves are the best in the world, etc, etc).  Got any experience working with others to back that up?

i think he is just saying it to boost morel. i mean right now i would say that the cadet corp i am with is the best, but that is because i am in that corp and like to keep up the moral.

Infanteer said:
You sure like to talk the big game (best f**king regiment, the Canadian reserves are the best in the world, etc, etc).   Got any experience working with others to back that up?

I once looked at a Van Doo. He made me cry... ::)

I would hope that everyone else felt the same way about their regiment. That's part of the reason for having a regimental system.

Pte. Gaisford said:
I once looked at a Van Doo. He made me cry... ::)

I would hope that everyone else felt the same way about their regiment. That's part of the reason for having a regimental system.

Not to put a damper on youthful enthusiasm there and yeah you're right, but I think what Infanteer was getting at, is there's a time and place for that Regimental pride building commentary, ie course, (leadership and/or recruit). This is supposed to be a place where you discuss issues with your peers. You can check the ra ra stuff at the door, there's no need to impress in here and as you saw it can backfire.

Oh BTW there are more than a few Van Doos in here that could make you cry and not in a nice way :eek:

Danjanou said:
Not to put a damper on youthful enthusiasm there and yeah you're right, but I think what Infanteer was getting at, is there's a time and place for that Regimental pride building commentary, ie course, (leadership and/or recruit). This is supposed to be a place where you discuss issues with your peers. You can check the ra ra stuff at the door, there's no need to impress in here and as you saw it can backfire.

Oh BTW there are more than a few Van Doos in here that could make you cry and not in a nice way :eek:
RE: the Van Doos, I don't doubt it.

If that is the way the directing staff feels I will, as you say check it at the door. I will not, however apologies for my feelings or attitudes in this regard. If the statement was taken by others to be inflammatory (it was not intended to be), I might suggest that their indignation reflects equally on them.

Infanteer said:
You sure like to talk the big game (best f**king regiment, the Canadian reserves are the best in the world, etc, etc).  Got any experience working with others to back that up?

He meant to say "best regimental website". ;D

Of course, no one actually defined "best".  Each regiment in the country has its strengths and weaknesses, to debate them would be sure stupidity.  I think we're lucky to still have a rich and proud regimental system - when people aren't overdoing it, of course.

Back