• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army guys, what is your regiment (or, for cadets, what regiment you are affiliated to)?

Infanteer said:
You sure like to talk the big game (best f**king regiment, the Canadian reserves are the best in the world, etc, etc).   Got any experience working with others to back that up?
    Sorry to put a damper on the smackdown, but this is more of a "show your colours" forum than a serious discussion of the merits or performance of individual units.  Anyone who won't stand up and show their pride in their regiment has no place in one.  I am damned proud of my Regiment: do I think 744 CommRegt would last five minutes force on force with 2 PPCLI, no.  Have members of my regiment, as a unit and as posted individuals matched the PPCLI, the RCHA, Strathcona Horse stride for stride at home and overseas, you damn bet.  I am proud of my reserve service, and my reserve regiment.  If the CF regforce motto ought to be "doing more with less" then the reserves' should be "three quarters as much with SFA".  With staffing levels that are a joke, even by CF standards, equipment that is table scraps from the already poor fair of the Regforce regiments, with little opportunity for exercises on any but the smallest scale, we struggle to achieveand maintain standards of training and professionalism on a force with more turnover than McDonalds drive through.  So to any reservist who is proud enough of his regiment to call it the best F*cking regiment in Canada, good on you brother!  Morale is the one thing that comes from within the unit, the leadership of the NCO's, the dedication of the troops, the sense of mission that the best leadership is able to iinstillin a group whose numbers, funding and eequipmentis a joke compared to the National Guardsmen to our south, but who stand ready to meet the same task.  Since you don't have to sign for it on a loan card, its the one thing that Paul Martin hasn't taken away yet, and I'll be damned if I see another Canadian Soldier try to take it.  Infanteer, no one is arguing that the RegForce isn't better trained, more professional, more experienced.  To be a soldier in Canada is to be admired by 10%, despised by 40%, and ignored by the other 50%.  To be a reservist in Canada is to know that even your fellow soldiers take the time out to look down on you too.

Toronto Scottish Regiment , my father was with the Blackwatch (RHR) reserve unit in Montreal

Kings Own Calgary Regiment

when I was a cadet I was with 1292 LdSH (RC) in Calgary

patty said:
'99-'01, Cbtygunner is my brother we were both in that corps together..look in some of the old photo albums you'll find my pic in there but ive changed since im not 5'1 anymore...

Thats sweet,  I ve seen the old photos but i'll look for ur name  ;D

My Cadet corp is affiliated with the 18 Thunder Bay Service Battalion in Thunder Bay, ON, (obviously). Fun, eh? 8) Anyone else from Thunder Bay?

ARMYboi69(Banned) said:
RHFC in Kitchener.  I'm joining them once I become old enough 8)

Do you have that regiments address?  I was hearing Gage street, then Duke Street, so not sure where BCoy RHFC is exactly.

SimsZG

Back