• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Unfortunately, The War Diary was down from about 10:36 to 16:15 EST today. The server ran out of disk space, and no-one could log in. One registration was lost, however I have contacted that user and asked them to re-register.

The problem has been solved, I apologize for any inconvenience.

(I *really* need to upgrade this system...)

Hello,

Has this War Diary Outage delete some of the threads? There seems to be a few missing.

Just wondering,

-Joe

To my knowledge, nothing was lost other than the one registration. After that, no-one was able to read or post to The War Diary, so there was no new information to lose.

Do you have a specific topic in mind?

Thanks

Folks,

I just wanted to let you know that the CdnArmy.ca site may be unavailable from roughly 18:00 - 23:00 ET this Wednesday, April 25th.

The good news: this outage is required in order to make preparations for upgrading the site hardware.

The bad news: This is only Phase I, and no performance improvement will be seen. It will allow us to proceed to the next step, where hopefully we can start to see some benefit.

There is a chance that Phase I will not take place this Wednesday, in which case this site will be up as usual.

I appreciate your understanding and co-operation during the outage.

Thanks

Folks,

Just wanted to inform you that a power bump caused an unscheduled outage from about 1130 to 2200 today, Thursday May 3rd.

Everything is back up and running now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Folks,

My apologies for the last 24 hours. This site was unavailable due to some hardware problems. These problems have been resolved, and I don‘t anticipate another issue such as this.

Again, my apologies for any inconvenience.

Cheers

Folks,

I'm going to be taking this system down this Thursday evening, to do some work on it. If all goes well, we will then be using a much faster system, donated by Todd Harris. Hopefully this will resolve some of the "page not found" issues we've been seeing over the past while.

As a comparison, this system is currently a 166MHz with 128Mb of RAM. The new system is a 550MHz with 386Mb of RAM, so we should see a noticable improvement.

Cheers

Sorry folks, this upgrade has been postponed. I‘m trying to re-schedule for this Sunday, at about noon. Will let you know.

Cheers

Ok, the upgrade is booked again, for Sunday morning. I expect the site will be off the air for about four hours while the work is done.

I‘ll let you know how it goes.

Cheers

The upgrade is complete!

Hopefully you will see some performance improvement in the site.

If you find anything that looks broken, please let me know so I can take a look at it.

Thanks

Folks,

My apologies that the site was down all day today. I was attempting to move it to it‘s new server, but ran into some difficulties. I will likely try again tomorrow, though I expect I won‘t have to take the site down for as long.

Your patience is appreciated.

Cheers

Mike - Let me know if I can do anything to help. I‘ll be at the office around 5:00 pst on Wednesday, otherwise you can call me at home for most of the morning.

It looks like mail from you is taking a few days to get to me, I‘m not sure why, so it‘s probably best to call.

Ok, I think we‘re done!

If anyone notices a problem, please let me know.

And I can‘t say it enough times: Thanks E-Town!! You‘ve really pulled this site out of the fire, and we owe you one. If you ever hit Ottawa, the beer‘s on me.

Cheers

Folks,

Just wanted to post a note apologizing for the extgended outage we had, which lasted from early Saturday morning, until tonight. It was apparently due to a hardware crash, and E-Town was kind enough to get us back online.

Again, I apologize for the down time, and have taken steps to ensure that it doesn‘t happen again.

Thanks

As many of you probably know, the site was unavailable from Saturday morning until this afternoon.

The good news is that the problem has been taken care of, and hopefully we won‘t see an outage this long again. It was a combination of hardware problems and back luck in the end, but we‘re now back online.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

whew...

i got back from Shilo on Sunday and thought that the site had vanished off the face of the earth!

Mister Bobbitt, this is the second time you went AWOL this year. I warn you: you do this again, disciplinary and/ or administrative action WILL be taken against you !!! ;)

Back