• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Staff Interview: muskrat89

muskrat89 said:
Seriously - don't come in the summer  ;D  Hit 118 my first year here

Winters are nice...

Sure, NOW you tell me... ::)

Mike Bobbitt said:
...It was cool being a 3rd Generation Senior NCO in my Regiment. I enjoyed the "toughness" that set us (soldiers) apart from everyone else.

Well, whaddya know... I didn't realize you were a 3rd gen gunner.  When did your grandfather serve?

Mark

WW2.  If I recall, the Battery was a part of 1 LAA then...  fiddlehead could confirm

Sgt. Marshall R. MacFarlane joined the 89th Bty in the 1920's.  When war was declared in 1939, the 89th was divided with part going to 5th Fd Regt and the older members going to 1 LAA.  He served until the end of the war.

Mercy.  I did not know that...

Well, in the words of Mud Recce Man...

:salute:

So, hey, if you move back sometime in the next few years your daughter can join up and be a 4th gen gunner!

As a future gunner myself, what were your least and most favourite experiences serving with the Artillery?

Beautiful photographs. I have some from Alberta that you may enjoy being a photography enthusiast. PM me and I will send the links.

Cheers, :cheers:

Patrick

zanshin said:
Mercy.  I did not know that...

Well, in the words of Mud Recce Man...

:salute:

So, hey, if you move back sometime in the next few years your daughter can join up and be a 4th gen gunner!

Sometimes I talk to much...thought I would keep it simple this time.  :)

and to clarify... fiddlehead is Generation II with about 27 years in, and made it to District RSM. Mrs fiddlehead, who co-posts, has a dozen or so years in (sorry, memory fails) and also served the Regt as a Capt (Finance Officer). My other brother was a Bdr and BC's Dvr....

#1 son is getting a tad bit forgetful.......(must be all that sunshine).  I served for 31 plus years.  Mrs. fiddlehead was a Capt. as a CIC officer but was a Lt. when Fin. Officer.  You were right about your little brother being a driver/communicator.  We all served together for a few years........ that doesn't happen too often  :)  We are all very proud to have served!

What can I say...  :-[

sunshine indeed. and aluminum mess tins  :)

Back