• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca ranking system (new idea)

munky99999,

What is your purpose on this site?

You really do enjoy trying to push buttons don't you.

dileas

tess

munky99999,

I would suggest you follow my advice in my sig.

That time just shows how long your browser has been open on this site. I have 1 day 11 hours, but thats becasue ill read a post, leave my PC for 30 min to an hour, then come back read/post again. It adds up over time.

As for a rating system, it would all be subjective. It would be very hard to set up a fair, honest, non subjective rating system that could not be abused. The only fair way to rate someone is to read their past posts, and see if the information they gave is relevant.

Seeing as I just woke up and turned on my computer, my browser hasn’t been open for that long.

You really do enjoy trying to push buttons don't you.
I am not trying to push anyone’s buttons, I am simply pointing out how his system would be in favour for people like me. Which by your respect towards me should show the opposite favour in this case.

Munky Just stop...please...I mean at what point do you think to yourself "Hey lets piss off the people I want to work with...No wait lets piss of the people who will be charge of me...Oh no wait lets piss off the people I want to be like! yeah yeah thats a good idea!"

You just dig and dig but let me assure you that the hole ends not in China but with your soon to be introduction to this sites warning system, where if you continue with your inane, useless, unproductive post you'll be on a read only status.

Hmmm on second though I just became your biggest fan..Post Munky post often and with little thought all you want!

munky99999 said:
Seeing as I just woke up and turned on my computer, my browser hasn’t been open for that long.

If you look at my profile murky99999, we regesterd on the same day, and i have more time on this site then you.

HitorMiss said:
Hmmm on second though I just became your biggest fan..Post Munky post often and with little thought all you want!

+1 HoM

On to the topic at hand. There really isn't a need for a ranking system most people know who on this site has informative answers or questions and who really isn't worth the bandwidth.

Unless the Mod's wanted to adminester a system whereby they decided how informative or useful you are on this site, however as with the work that "certain" posters heap on the Mod's I know they have enough to do.

Murky IMHO you agitate or troll.  If you want to dispel this impression read more and post less.  When you do post, please TRY to post constructively.  Just a thought.

munky99999 said:
Your system is bugged however to begin with.

bugged8gi.jpg

I assure you I haven't been on this website for that long.

If you visit Army.ca, then visit it again any time in the next 15 minutes, the time between those 2 visits is accumulated in your total. This process repeats itself, so if you read a post every 14:59 your time adds up pretty quickly, even if you go out for a coffee between each read.

We've been using the same system for literally years now, and I can assure you through personal testing that this is how it works. It can be scary to be faced with your own additiction in such stark terms, but denial is usually the first stage. ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
We've been using the same system for literally years now, and I can assure you through personal testing that this is how it works. It can be scary to be faced with your own additiction in such stark terms, but denial is usually the first stage. ;)

Scary like this Mike?  :eek:

While you are probably right. I probably am addicted, but I know I didn’t come on the site for 8-9 hours last night. But I have figured out how it happens. I am constantly logged in. So perhaps this is what’s creating this. Though I suppose I am addicted to the site. I’m a sort of person who crams the first couple chapters of a book before the class even begins. So I want to know everything I can about BMQ before I go. Though I probably won’t be using any of those tricks, I will want to do it the right way.

I’m starting get the army.ca munchies, ;D

Damn PEA

I'm only at 17 day  6 hours

Girl...  you need help

Shhh....they're trying to tell in a nice way  ;D

Trinity said:
Damn PEA

I'm only at 17 day  6 hours

Girl...  you need help

Great idea for a new thread, how much time have you wasted spent on army.ca?  I agree, it is very addictive.  ;D (15 days 16 hours here)  And just kidding about the "wasted" part, definitely not time wasted with what you can learn here.  Great stuff, even with the trolls.  ;)

Edited to add:  Disregard, I should have searched first, my bad.  There is a thread about time spent -- http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/39607.30.html

navymich said:
Great idea for a new thread, how much time have you wasted spent on army.ca?  I agree, it is very addictive.  ;D (15 days 16 hours here)  And just kidding about the "wasted" part, definitely not time wasted with what you can learn here.  Great stuff, even with the trolls.  ;)

Not much you can do here that hasn't been done before:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/26986.0.html
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/39607.0.html

;)

Time wasted for Trinity

Birthday 1974-04-18 (11765 Days, 17 Hours, 29 Minutes)
Date Registered Monday, 31 January 2005 20:31 (518 Days, 19 Hours, 58 Minutes)
Total Time Logged In 17 Days, 6 Hours, 41 Minutes
% Of Your Life You've Been Registered Here 4.4097 %
% Of Your Life Online Since Registration 3.3303 %
% Of Your Life Online In Total 0.1469 %
Cost of a Subscription (per hour) $0.14   

COOL...  nice feature...  and good use of the subscription... only .14 cents an hour.

http://army.ca/php/timewasted.php

munky99999 said:
.........but I know I didn’t come on the site for 8-9 hours last night. But I have figured out how it happens. I am constantly logged in. So perhaps this is what’s creating this.

The time that is recorded there is the accumulated time you have spent on this site since you registered.........not since you last logged on.

munky99999 said:
I’m a sort of person who crams the first couple chapters of a book before the class even begins. So I want to know everything I can about BMQ before I go. Though I probably won’t be using any of those tricks, I will want to do it the right way.

I’m starting get the army.ca munchies, ;D

The challenge with cramming is you skim over all the important parts.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
The challenge with cramming is you skim over all the important parts.

dileas

tess

Now Now Tess...

Let the RTU's find their own way!  ;)

oh sorry.. RTM  ::) ;D

well, munky 99999,

as your profile state that your are 1987 years old,
seem to me possible that you were log that long ;)!

Yrys said:
well, munky 99999,

as your profile state that your are 1987 years old,
seem to me possible that you were log that long ;)!
It's not the right age. Must have been a mistake or an admin or something put it in afterwards. As for your post, I don't have a clue what you are asking.

Back