• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arid CADPAT LBV and TacVest in Afghanistan

yep, thats when we talked about them before...

BTW, 2 others and I earned CDS commendations for what we did before the QRF and news crews showed up on that day.

The humint morons and some others on RotoII signed for those vests (the old combat coat with the sleevs cutoff in Arid cadpat) out of clothing (they had a few triwalls full)

I know a few CSOR guys had custom vests made out of Arid CADPAT

I know this is old, but I was purusing the Combat Camera site, and I noticed a few soldiers wearing an issue AR CADPAT vest.  My question is, seeing as how these are relatively new, have there been an design improvements, or are they exactly the same as the green ones?

Between Feb and April 2006 I saw many non-infantry types wearing the old Bosnia era jean jacket Load Bearing Vest in desert cadpat on KAF. As my unit wasn't in KAF much I never did figure out how large scale the item was issued. 

When some LOG/HQ type troops from Roto 2 moved into my RSOI I noticed that some of them had AR Tacvests. Looked exactly like the TW vest just in desert.

Hatchet Man said:
I know this is old, but I was purusing the Combat Camera site, and I noticed a few soldiers wearing an issue AR CADPAT vest.  My question is, seeing as how these are relatively new, have there been an design improvements, or are they exactly the same as the green ones?

I noticed that too, and just for everyone else, I'm talking about the TV, not the LBV.
http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_e.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=17231&site=combatcamera
http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_e.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=17173&site=combatcamera

Just so everyone is on the same page and doesn't think I saw something.

In the second picture it looks like an issue TV in AR, 4 mags and all.  The soldier on the right has a HSGI Warlord and running a BLSS in his helmet :D

Hmm...indeed, I wonder, where we can find such items from HSGI?

As for the vest, were these custom purchases or are the AR TV's actually coming out of supply now?

If you are looking for vests/chest rigs in CadPat AR, check out Dave's Surplus. I happen to know they have a PILE of AR chest rigs from HSGI, all the models. They also have a selection of AR pouches, frag, smoke, mag, pistol, dump, drop leg holsters, utility pouches, and on and on.....

westie47 said:
If you are looking for vests/chest rigs in CadPat AR, check out Dave's Surplus. I happen to know they have a PILE of AR chest rigs from HSGI, all the models. They also have a selection of AR pouches, frag, smoke, mag, pistol, dump, drop leg holsters, utility pouches, and on and on.....
Thank you for the commercial, but this thread is about the issued kit.

I thought the AR LBV/jean jacket was actually fairly widely distributed, was it not?  I saw a lot of Athena4/Archer0 guys with them and our group had them during the same period.  Personally, I wasn't a big fan of them...I think the added layer and associated heat build-up negated the carriage "benefits" (such as they were) -- good to see that the TV finally came out in AR, but I would have taken a TW TV over AR LBV if I had used it regularly.  Of course, there were some nice chest rigs floating out there, that's what I would have rather stuffed 10 mags into...(and gave more room for the massive pipes that guys like I-6 were sporting...  ;) )

G2G

Steriods are legal there  ;)

*I was kidding BTW...

the whole time we were talking about this thread i knew i had seen more pics somewhere of the arid LBV, or more commonly know as the "jean jacket" (not tacvest) got them off of the ctv.ca website:

img03.jpg
img05.jpg
img06.jpg

There's the old jean jacket design or the new tacvest design in Cadpat AR.

Personally I think they should just issue a molle modular system and not waste money on vests that can carry only 4 mags in easily accessible areas.

Anywho here it is

ar2006m0110012vh9.jpg

dsc00064emz7.jpg

If they would mod the mag pouches on the TV to hold a total of 8 mags, it would go a long way to help bring it into what we need. That and forgo the need for every RSM to have a packing list full of lipgloss and spare socks and string, and you'd have a system that may work for all rifle toting soldiers.

Can someone tell me if they are issuing the CADPAT AR TV to everyone now? I'm on TF 107 (dep Jan/Feb) and was informed we would probably not be issued the AR Vests yet i see a fellow MP wearing one. Can anyone shed some light on this? Do they have enough for most people who leave the wire now? Just curious.

Thanks in advance

If you go outside the wire you get an AR TV...same as the regular TV only arid and as such is just as crappy

MPSHIELD said:
Can someone tell me if they are issuing the CADPAT AR TV to everyone now? I'm on TF 107 (dep Jan/Feb) and was informed we would probably not be issued the AR Vests yet i see a fellow MP wearing one. Can anyone shed some light on this? Do they have enough for most people who leave the wire now? Just curious.

A bit of penis envy?   By outside the wire, do you mean driving around the perimeter of KAF? ;D

If you need the kit they will get it for you.....eventually.

St. Micheal's Medical Team said:
A bit of penis envy?   By outside the wire, do you mean driving around the perimeter of KAF? ;D

LOL-Nope, that won't be me. I'm with the CS MP PL (outside the wire)  NOT GS MP PL. No penis envy here.

If you need the kit they will get it for you.....eventually.

As i said in my previous post, I was just curious. Trying to make some coversation that's all -that's what a forum is all about!  :D

Back