• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are Level III security checks done before attending BMQ??

Robbie4296 said:
Question for Nite and Skeletor, how have you found working in the SigOp trade, is it something your always learning something new or do you get bored?? Other than whats outlined of the CF website is there something there leaving out?

Going off that job fact sheet, I haven't done everything it says.. including what they say you will learn at the School.  What you do in the trade is dependent on where you are posted and yourself(ie if your in shape, know the job, etc you get more opportunities)  I've been with the Infantry for the last few years and it's been good. Some of it is boring.. I hate working in the CP/TOC but I've gotten to do other things like be in a RRB det, patrolling, etc.  I wouldn't say your always learning something new, especially once you get time in there, but if new kit comes down then you gotta know it.  Plus whenever you get a new job you'll have to learn that, etc.  Search the forums to find out more about Sig Op and the different postings and jobs.

Thanks for the tip, trying to talk with a few buddies who were 1st PPCLI and who are still in, other than physical they all seem to say the same thing as yourself, at least we are all on the same page, except they keep on talking about my past record and crypto?? have not a clue what there talking about other than I might have problems, whats your input on that?

Robbie4296 said:
Thanks for the tip, trying to talk with a few buddies who were 1st PPCLI and who are still in, other than physical they all seem to say the same thing as yourself, at least we are all on the same page, except they keep on talking about my past record and crypto?? have not a clue what there talking about other than I might have problems, whats your input on that?

It's 1PPCLI or 1VP

As for your past and crypto, well I have no idea what is in your past, but if you can get a security clearance(Secret, Top Secret) you won't have any issues.

sky777 said:
I applied for Signal Officer and I am waiting for security clearance (Level III) even before CFAT. I can't do CFAT without it.

???

Your CFAT and your Security Clearance have absolutely nothing to do with each other.  They are not related in any way, shape or form.  You will have to do a CFAT to find out if you are qualified to become a Sig O.  After that, then you will have to do a Security Clearance for Lvl III.  If you do not qualify to be a Sig O, then you will not require more than a Lvl II in the majority of cases (in most of the other officer or NCM Trades).

George Wallace said:
???

Your CFAT and your Security Clearance have absolutely nothing to do with each other.  They are not related in any way, shape or form.  You will have to do a CFAT to find out if you are qualified to become a Sig O.  After that, then you will have to do a Security Clearance for Lvl III.  If you do not qualify to be a Sig O, then you will not require more than a Lvl II in the majority of cases (in most of the other officer or NCM Trades).
Yes you are right ,but reality was different.

sky777 said:
I have done changes.

::)

sky777 said:
Yes you are right ,but reality was different.

you said :

I can't do CFAT without it.

You do not require a Lvl 3 clearance in order to write the CFAT. if that was the case, you would now have to wait 2 years until the clearance is done just to find out if you are suitable for the trade.

Like i said, you should have stopped at "you are right" and moved on.

I got it that  2 different procedures . But why CFRC asked me to fill form TBS 330-60 (lvl 3) with finger prints  before CFAT?

I'm realy starting to think that light bends around you......

CDN Aviator said:
I'm realy starting to think that light bends around you......
I am OK.
After 9 months of waiting I don't have any progress in application process.After that I can start to think  anything.
Here, on the forum, I haven't heard stories about long waiting before doing CFAT.I have heard now people were waiting after interview long time.

Maybe the process is different for people who have just came to Canada in the last 5 years like yourself, lots of checking into your background, where were you before Canada?

Robbie4296 said:
Maybe the process is different for people who have just came to Canada in the last 5 years like yourself, lots of checking into your background, where were you before Canada?
Yes.
I lived in Eastern Europe (non NATO country)

sky777 said:
I got it that  2 different procedures . But why CFRC asked me to fill form TBS 330-60 (lvl 3) with finger prints  before CFAT?

How long had you waited before CFRC required you to fill in a TBS 330-60 form and submit your fingerprints?

sky777 said:
Yes.
I lived in Eastern Europe (non NATO country)

I think you just answered all of your questions as to why it is/will take so long.  If you go back and read this whole thread, you will see where that was covered and why.  Also remember thisThis thread may also help.

GrandMaple said:
How long had you waited before CFRC required you to fill in a TBS 330-60 form and submit your fingerprints?
about 6 months

Back