• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aptitude Requirement

RossF

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I'm soon to apply for a Signals Operator for the 705th comm squadron..tomorrow actually. I was told that you need to score higher on the aptitude test to qualify for sigs. How high do you have to get on it? I'm pretty smart, I like technology, and technology likes me, unlike some people. I mean, I picked up a 97% in computers and information science just last semester..will that help any? I would just like to know how you have to be, in general..

thanls..

No that's not true. To be a Sig Op they give you a picture of a radio and if you can identify it 2 out of 3 times you're in!!  If you get it 3 out 3 times they make you a tech!!  :p  ;D
If you fail that they give a big hammer and a square peg and a board with a round hole. If you can mash it into the hole you are a Sig Op!!
So you get 2 chances...he he he he he
Andrew 227

I would not worry about it if I were you. I was 16 when i took the test and did just fine. Youd pretty much have to be a thudF*ck to not pass it. Plus the test isnt really a test..i was told by someone at my unit that there are questions with only wrong answers to see which one you choose. Its designed to see if your minds capable for the job. And sig op is the highest score otehr then pilot i believe

>>And sig op is the highest score otehr then pilot i believe

You can't honestly beleive that!!  I mean really..I know folks are proud of what they do, but c'mon you can't really digest that can you? Sig op??  I know a million sig ops and they still move their lips when they read stop signs.  ;D ;D he he he

Ahhh, okay. That makes me feel quite a bit more comfortable...

Thanks a lot!

SigPigs said:
No that's not true. To be a Sig Op they give you a picture of a radio and if you can identify it 2 out of 3 times you're in!!   If you get it 3 out 3 times they make you a tech!!    :p   ;D

LMAO!!!! That's hilarious.

Sig op requires a higher score then many other trades, but it's not particularly hard to get in, if some of the individuals on my courses have been any indication.  :D

Bloggins, I think you and I know some of those individuals quite well ;D

As long as the required scores for Sigop are higher than those for cook, I'm happy

As long as you stay calm and think through the problems you will do well, common sense and simple logic are the only things you need to pass.

Indeed, as far as CFAT scores go, Sig Op is in the top tier group or second highest as I recall.
Incidentally its above lineman, so you have a back up trade if you can't hack it on the test  :p

I kid, 052 really is the popular trade, as long as you aren't afraid of heights and don't mind a bit of hard work now and then.

GDawg said:
Incidentally its above lineman, so you have a back up trade if you can't hack it on the test   :p

052 the Lineman IQ! (Sorry, had to stick that in. Can't have a thread about Comms and intelligence level without a crack about linemen.)

Mopo_26 said:
Bloggins, I think you and I know some of those individuals quite well ;D

Yes, yes we do.  ;D

In all honesty, I have no interest in any other trade in the communications reserve.. =/

Basically it's either SigOp, or Infantry. I was (and still am) very torn between the two!

I am now a radop but started the forces as an infanteer.  Both trades are very good. 

Do your best on the test and don't take yourself too seriously.  I was an instructor on basic training when I was an infanteer.  We had a person who was getting in the Radop Trade in 92.  His brother was a cpl in my unit so we asked him why he didn't join the infantry.  He told us he failed the math section and could only join as a Radop!!!!  I had to laugh especially when 6 mos later I was offered Radop to get back in the Regular force.  Any who, don't worry about the exam, maybe you will qualify for infantry.  lol

Radop said:
I am now a radop but started the forces as an infanteer.   Both trades are very good.  

Do your best on the test and don't take yourself too seriously.   I was an instructor on basic training when I was an infanteer.   We had a person who was getting in the Radop Trade in 92.   His brother was a cpl in my unit so we asked him why he didn't join the infantry.   He told us he failed the math section and could only join as a Radop!!!!   I had to laugh especially when 6 mos later I was offered Radop to get back in the Regular force.   Any who, don't worry about the exam, maybe you will qualify for infantry.   lol

I guess either way I'm okay -- Infantry is an interest of mine still..

Back