• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Approval process for Colleges

Delaney1986

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I know there are quite a few variables that can be applied to this question but no one else would potentially know the answer. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong topic, Mods, please move if necessary.

I am looking at various college courses on my way to MP, there is one program through the Atlantic Business College, Policing and Security Foundations that started the approval process for recognition by the CF last Fall. Does anyone have any insight into how long this process may take? I am enrolled in another course through another college right now, but this course is shorter and significantly cheaper (which is nice when you already have student loans from Uni and got denied for a student loan).

Thanks in advance!

Are you currently a CF Member? If not you should talk to a Recruiting Office, or see if you can get in contact with a BPSO.

Ha, wow, I forgot I even asked about that it had been so long since I recieved a response.

I did call the RC here in Fredericton and the Sgt I spoke to confirmed that the school had applied for the approval process and advised that I should not enroll in that program if MP is my end goal. He said it looks like a great program but there are no guarantees it will get approved, or when.

Training, Skills and Development had told me about it, specifically saying they had referred several people to that program that wanted to be MP. I thought it was strange because the RC hadn't mentioned that program to me initially. So, I called the RC, and then called TSD back to advise them they probably shouldn't be referring people to that program since it is not yet recognized by the CF. Or at least not telling them they can get into the CF for MP.

I was more just curious on how long the approval process can last, on average.

Back