• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Apply as pilot vs. OT to pilot?

crooks.a

Inactive
Reaction score
My long-term goal is to become a pilot with the CF (multi), and I have a quick question about an OT.

Ideally, I would apply to the CF to be a pilot and be accepted straight away, but those chances are small. Now, if my option 2 were to get accepted (something else in AIRCOM), and I later requested an OT to pilot, how would my chances be there? Are the chances of an OT to pilot better than the chances of being outright accepted?

Thanks.

I would highly, highly recommend that you do not apply for anything else unless you are fully willing to stay in that other classification, i.e. assume that future attempts to OT to PLT would be unsuccessful.  The requirements for PLT are the requirements for PLT.  The value of "environmental proximity" (i.e. say you applied for and were successful as an ACSO) is of dubious value to a long-term effort to transfer later to PLT.  It is dangerous terrain applying to some other classification thinking that you'll be able to "pass the time" until a transfer to PLT can be attempted.  Why do you say your chances of applying and being accepted directly to PLT are small?  It that's what you want to be, then apply to it, go to aircrew selection and see if you are suitable, then if you are, have patience and wait for the system to select you if you meet all the requirements.

Regards
G2G

Back