• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RectorCR said:
Dafuq? :facepalm:

You had mentioned in a PM with me that you thought they MIGHT be looking at opening Infantry Officer when they do selection at the end of this month.
Have you learned anymore about any of that?

Also once the July 25th selection passes will you know what occupations they looked at because I need to start applying to do my Masters if too much more time goes by with out hearing anything. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to start my Masters lol.

Quick tip, If DAA PMs you something then it was for your eyes only, not others. If he wanted everyone else to see he wouldn't have PM'd you in the first place. Just saying.

Verge1993 said:
Quick tip, If DAA PMs you something then it was for your eyes only, not others. If he wanted everyone else to see he wouldn't have PM'd you in the first place. Just saying.

Because I had PM'd him...
He wasn't going around leaving little anon tips in everyone's message box..

RectorCR said:
Because I had PM'd him...
He wasn't going around leaving little anon tips in everyone's message box..

The reason I didn't PM him again was that they're are other people on this thread whom I'm sure would like to know the same thing about Inf/Arty/etc Officer positions.

DAA said:
Actually, your file is only good for as long as your RC decides to keep it OPEN.  So I will warn you now, you should continue to maintain contact with your CFRC on a monthly basis as sometimes, they may close your file and NOT tell you!  Generally, after 6 months of non-activity, you may require an "update" interview and or any other processing which could include, medical and background checks, depending on the last time these were done.

Your complete file is retained for a minimum of "3 years" and CFAT results are good for "life", provided they are able to obtain the results.

Thanks for this!

RectorCR said:
And I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to start my Masters lol.

You want a mind blowing experience? Do a Masters. LOL!!!

But hey, it looks awesome on your resume and is honestly really good for your intellectual and social development. Perhaps not so much for the physical development when you have piles of work to do and hundreds of pages to read per week...unless you can do all that stuff and retain information while running.

I know it doesn't mean much, but seeing my top two trades become "in demand" on the forces.ca website, with a week left before selections is making me quite optimistic! Haha

***UPDATE***

Recruiting Centre: Online/Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade choice 1: Public Affairs Officer
Trade choice 2: Training Development Officer
Applied: Online, January 14, 2013
File sent to CFRC: January 2013
First contact: February 28, 2013
Contact for secondary paperwork: March 7, 2013
CFAT: May 2, 2013
Reliability Screening/Interview: May 21, 2013
References contacted: May-June 2013
Background check: May-June 2013 (Extra background check needed because I lived in the UK.)
Medical: July 8, 2013
Interview: July 11, 2013
Merit listed: July 17, 2013
Position offered: TBD
Swearing in: TBD
Basic Training: TBD

My trades are closed as of today, but my file is being put through and kept open as long as possible. Here are some pointers that I learned from a MCC today, some of which have been confirmed in this forum recently:

- Ottawa has confirmed my qualification for the two trades.
- My file will be kept open until mid next year, which corresponds to my file being open for a year.
- If anything expires, they will let me know.
- CFAT is good for life.
- When my file expires next year, I'll have to go in for another medical and interview.
- If I decide to add another trade, I'll just have to go in for an interview for that trade. No additional paperwork needed.
- If I was thinking of adding pilot, just a word of advice that it's very competitive and there's a high failure rate. However, if I'm really interested, just give my MCC a call and he'll interview me for the trade. It's up to me to add another trade or wait and see how it all pans out regarding my initial choices.
- Initial paperwork stays on file (online app and other paperwork) and they'll be kept for 3 years.
- I can update my file whenever I want. All I need to do is give my MCC a call and hand in the requisite paperwork.

YEAH BUDDY!

Now I play the waiting game. But still so happy right now!

So I just talked with my LRC and asked about the July 25th selection date. He confirmed to me that they're set to review Inf, Arty, Armd, etc DEO Officers.
I asked about how that made sense if they're closed right now. He said that all that meant was that they've met their quoto for processed applicants for those positions and that they'll be extending offers for those postions after they review applicants on July 25th.  ;D

Which is awesome because I was really starting to panic that I had ZERO chance of getting on a course for Sept/Aug.

theforcewithin said:
***UPDATE***

Your a patient person.  I do hope you realize that you are playing with occupations that have "limited" positions, like 2's and 3's annually and sometimes none.  Did you ask your MCC just how many people the CF hires annually for these types of jobs?

Hey,

Was you medical cleared on the spot or was it sent to Ottawa?

theforcewithin said:
***UPDATE***

Applied: Online, January 14, 2013
File sent to CFRC: January 2013
First contact: February 28, 2013
Contact for secondary paperwork: March 7, 2013
CFAT: May 2, 2013
Reliability Screening/Interview: May 21, 2013
References contacted: May-June 2013
Background check: May-June 2013 (Extra background check needed because I lived in the UK.)
Medical: July 8, 2013
Interview: July 11, 2013
Merit listed: July 17, 2013
Position offered: TBD
Swearing in: TBD
Basic Training: TBD

My trades are closed as of today, but my file is being put through and kept open as long as possible. Here are some pointers that I learned from a MCC today, some of which have been confirmed in this forum recently:

- Ottawa has confirmed my qualification for the two trades.
- My file will be kept open until mid next year, which corresponds to my file being open for a year.
- If anything expires, they will let me know.
- CFAT is good for life.
- When my file expires next year, I'll have to go in for another medical and interview.
- If I decide to add another trade, I'll just have to go in for an interview for that trade. No additional paperwork needed.
- If I was thinking of adding pilot, just a word of advice that it's very competitive and there's a high failure rate. However, if I'm really interested, just give my MCC a call and he'll interview me for the trade. It's up to me to add another trade or wait and see how it all pans out regarding my initial choices.
- Initial paperwork stays on file (online app and other paperwork) and they'll be kept for 3 years.
- I can update my file whenever I want. All I need to do is give my MCC a call and hand in the requisite paperwork.

YEAH BUDDY!

DAA said:
Your a patient person.  I do hope you realize that you are playing with occupations that have "limited" positions, like 2's and 3's annually and sometimes none.  Did you ask your MCC just how many people the CF hires annually for these types of jobs?

Oh yeah, definitely aware of that. 3! That's pretty high from what I've heard. :)

But they're the jobs I'm good at and they are the best fit for me, so I'm going to try for these for now. If a couple of years go by and still nothing, I'll rethink about what other trades I'll go for! I don't want to give up so easily. If Ottawa and the RC staff see potential in me and my experiences, particularly after a PLAR was done, I'll wait and see how it plays out for a bit.

Just meeting the requirements for TDO is personally an accomplishment for me, too! :)

anneadit said:
Hey,

Was you medical cleared on the spot or was it sent to Ottawa?

The Med. Tech. still had a few questions about my medical stuff, but the issue didn't matter so much to my trades, so I guess they sent my file off to Ottawa anyway. I'm still going to provide the requisite paperwork just in case.

Recruiting Center:Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Combat engineer
Application Date: November 19, 2012
First Contact: December 5,2012
File transferred to Victoria : April 24, 2013
CFAT completed: May 28,2013
Med completed : May 28,2013
Interview completed: June 17,2013
Merit listed: July 7,2013
Position Offered: Infantry with PPCLI
Enrolment ceremony: Aug 1,2013
BMQ Begins: Aug 3,2013

Got a message last night and phoned them this morning and got my offer now just have to tie up my loose ends.  Quebec here I come.

yamahaguitarguy said:
Just got the job offer! So excited right now.

I'm swearing in, oshawa on August 22nd also.  I'm heading out to Montreal by train Saturday the 24th.

**Update**

Recruiting Centre: Calgary, Alberta
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: April 20, 2013
Date Application sent to CFRC: May 29, 2013
CFAT: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Interview: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Medical: July 4th (pt. 1) July 10th, 2013 (Pt. 2) (Passed)
Merit Listed: July 17, 2013
Position offered: Waiting...
Swearing in: Waiting...
Basic Training Begins: Waiting...

Spoke with my file manager today and got merit listed. I was told that it's looking like a good year for infantry. He also told me PPCLI still has quite a few openings for this fiscal year. I gotta admit though the process is far from over it's been an awesome ride thus far!

cjette1 said:
**Update**

Recruiting Centre: Calgary, Alberta
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: April 20, 2013
Date Application sent to CFRC: May 29, 2013
CFAT: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Interview: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Medical: July 4th (pt. 1) July 10th, 2013 (Pt. 2) (Passed)
Merit Listed: July 17, 2013
Position offered: Waiting...
Swearing in: Waiting...
Basic Training Begins: Waiting...

Spoke with my file manager today and got merit listed. I was told that it's looking like a good year for infantry. He also told me PPCLI still has quite a few openings for this fiscal year. I gotta admit though the process is far from over it's been an awesome ride thus far!

We were merit listed on the same date, woot! Totally agree that it's been a sweet ride even at this point. But hey, you're in a wayyyy better position than I am, so keep at it and let us know how it goes. I'll live vicariously through all of you sworn in people until I get my shot. lol

theforcewithin said:
We were merit listed on the same date, woot! Totally agree that it's been a sweet ride even at this point. But hey, you're in a wayyyy better position than I am, so keep at it and let us know how it goes. I'll live vicariously through all of you sworn in people until I get my shot. lol

It's kind of funny when you look at it. Even just hearing something small can give you the biggest motivation. And I wouldn't say I'm in a better or worse position. Nobody knows how long it could take for either of us. I'll try to keep at it, I think the hardest part so far has been trying to keep at my fitness routine. I understand my trade choices are going to be pretty tough so I want to be as well prepared as I can before I land at St. Jean.

well looks like I will have to start the process over again, I was scheduled for my interview yesterday morning and I get a call from my recruiting center 45 minutes before the interview, they said that they don't know how anyone didn't catch this but because I was in the reserves less than a year ago, they could not go ahead with the interview. I guess I was suppose to wait 1 year from the date I left the reserves to be able to apply to the Reg Force.
Was very disappointed but I guess that's the rules. I will have to try to keep myself busy for the next few months. I am able to reapply in Nov. 
Hopefully all the jobs wont be closed by then.

Good Luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back