• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application process, all the way through to... the call!

Nice going Spark and Congratulations hope you keeo us all posted on the fun you will be having!!

Sparkplugs said:
I'm hoping to start off on the right foot, hehe.  When I got sworn in, I remembered to call the Capt. by rank and last name, and he was happy about that.  My attitude is totally born into me.  I can be annoying at points, I know, but when I get excited about something, i just can't help it.  Monty Python's version of "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" is totally my theme song. 

My dad's getting sick of my "DAD!  Only 16 days until I go!" proclamation every morning, hehe.

Thanks!   ;D

Huh ? You are going Air Force and you called an Officer by his rank/last name ? ... bad habit  ;)

ark said:
Huh ? You are going Air Force and you called an Officer by his rank/last name ? ... bad habit  ;)

I don't get it?  Lol, I don't know the etiquette yet, did I do something wrong?  ;D

Sparkplugs said:
I don't get it?  Lol, I don't know the etiquette yet, did I do something wrong?   ;D

Give it say...a week into Boot and you will get it...just hang out with some folks goin' combat arms and I am sure you will catch on...

I don't want to spoil the fun... >:D

Mud Recce Man said:
Give it say...a week into Boot and you will get it...just hang out with some folks goin' combat arms and I am sure you will catch on...

I don't want to spoil the fun... >:D

Uh oh... you're not trying to get me into trouble, are you?  :p

Well, when I was in Boot, anyone in Blue we called zoomie...its all in fun.  You get to call them grunt/crunchies/herbies/mud gunners/zipperheads/wrench-benders etc etc.  Its really good fun when it is kept fun and civil (well, as civil as recruits are when all full of pi$$ and vinegar and all that...).

Don't forget chicklet bingo either.  ;D

Mud Recce Man said:
Well, when I was in Boot, anyone in Blue we called zoomie...its all in fun.  You get to call them grunt/crunchies/herbies/mud gunners/zipperheads/wrench-benders etc etc.  Its really good fun when it is kept fun and civil (well, as civil as recruits are when all full of pi$$ and vinegar and all that...).

Don't forget chicklet bingo either.   ;D

Aw man, I am so looking forward to basic! 

what do they call airplane mechanics?

and what's chicklet bingo?

Sparkplugs said:
Aw man, I am so looking forward to basic! 

what do they call airplane mechanics?

and what's chicklet bingo?

Some things are best left as a surprise aren't they?

Chicklet bingo.  The IMPs (used) to have chicklets in the lunch menu ( it could be supper.  I used to use Mess tins and forget my name sometimes).  Anyways, ask who wants to play chicklet bingo?  All those who are in, open their pack of 2 chiclets (spelled wrong earlier, my bad) and look at the flaps for the number on it.  Whoever has the highest number...wins...all the chiclets.

Best part of the day sometimes.  Of course, we never actually took all the gum, just bragging rights.

Sounds fun eh zoomie wrench-bender?

The real beauty of Chiclet Bingo was that each IMP had specific Chiclets, and each package had identical numbers.  So, after about the third round of Bingo, a crafty bugger was able to grab a certain IMP and before even opening it declare himself the winner.

Airplane mechanics?  We call veh techs parts changers (and then wrench benders when they whallop us across the head with 'em).

Mud Recce Man said:
Some things are best left as a surprise aren't they?

Chicklet bingo.  The IMPs (used) to have chicklets in the lunch menu ( it could be supper.  I used to use Mess tins and forget my name sometimes).  Anyways, ask who wants to play chicklet bingo?  All those who are in, open their pack of 2 chiclets (spelled wrong earlier, my bad) and look at the flaps for the number on it.  Whoever has the highest number...wins...all the chiclets.

Best part of the day sometimes.  Of course, we never actually took all the gum, just bragging rights.

Sounds fun eh zoomie wrench-bender?

zoomie wrench bender?  Could be worse, I guess, lol.

Chiclet bingo sounds awesome. 

I bet I'm going to come back from basic with allll kinds of fun stories, huh?  ;D  I can't wait.

yup.  I still tell Hot Lips a bunch of mine...from a bunch of courses (as student/instructor/Crse WO), taskings, exercises...you name it.

Always find the humour in a crappy situation.  It usually creates a funny memory/story, and makes the crappiness go by faster...

Back