• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Problems

Zerkaiya

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help me out. I recently reapplied to the armed forces, seems it was moved 100% to an online application process. Anyways, I submitted my application and, the following day, I noticed that a trade I wanted to get into was just opened so I decided to see if there was any way to make a change to that section of my application. Before I could get to a solution, I got the e-mail asking me to make an appointment and bring necessary documents. My question is simple: is it possible for me to get into the trade I desire at this point, or am I restricted to the 3 trades I initially applied with and would need to reapply to and hope the trade is open when I do to get a shot at it?

Zerkaiya said:
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help me out. I recently reapplied to the armed forces, seems it was moved 100% to an online application process. Anyways, I submitted my application and, the following day, I noticed that a trade I wanted to get into was just opened so I decided to see if there was any way to make a change to that section of my application. Before I could get to a solution, I got the e-mail asking me to make an appointment and bring necessary documents. My question is simple: is it possible for me to get into the trade I desire at this point, or am I restricted to the 3 trades I initially applied with and would need to reapply to and hope the trade is open when I do to get a shot at it?

Just follow the instructions in the email you received that tell you to call and schedule an appointment.  When you go in to your local CFRC for your very first visit, you can make all the changes you want.

Good luck!

Thank you for the very prompt reply as usual DAA. I did not know that was an option and was afraid that I would not have the chance to do so. An additional question if any of you would be so kind. I am awaiting my transcripts which will be arriving in the mail within the next 6 business days. The problem is that I am waiting on mail, and can be delayed, or even lost. My question is, would it be alright to book the appointment in the near future, say 10+ business days from when I call, or should I attempt to book it for 7 business days (as sooner is the better)? I am leaning towards the first of the two, but I am not sure if I take a later appointment if it will reflect poorly/lessen my chances of getting the trade I want. I know I may be over thinking the situation, but I haven't been this excited in quite some time. ;D

I would wait until you do your CFAT (aptitude test) just because you could change your trades in a few days then do your aptitude test in a month or two and if the possibility comes up that you do not score high enough for the trades you selected, you will just have to change them one more time. I applied for Pilot originally when i did my application in january (only because i know how to fly a private plane) but did not score high enough and went to my other trade choices such as AVN tech etc. just my two cents.

Zerkaiya said:
Thank you for the very prompt reply as usual DAA. I did not know that was an option and was afraid that I would not have the chance to do so. An additional question if any of you would be so kind. I am awaiting my transcripts which will be arriving in the mail within the next 6 business days. The problem is that I am waiting on mail, and can be delayed, or even lost. My question is, would it be alright to book the appointment in the near future, say 10+ business days from when I call, or should I attempt to book it for 7 business days (as sooner is the better)? I am leaning towards the first of the two, but I am not sure if I take a later appointment if it will reflect poorly/lessen my chances of getting the trade I want. I know I may be over thinking the situation, but I haven't been this excited in quite some time. ;D

You can call within 30 days the email stating you have been selected for further processing and then they select a date for you to write your CFAT and give in your documents. For example for me I applied, two days later got my email to call in I called in a week later to book and I was scheduled for my CFAT 2 months from the day I called just to give you an idea of how it works.

Thanks for the replies guys and both were very useful. It never even dawned on me that I could not score high enough to get the trade, may change the trade post CFAT. Also, that gives me a good timeline, at least I know I will most likely not see BMQ during the summer so I may be able to squeeze a job in for the summer.

Back