• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Decision

Dlaws90

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question regarding the direction I should go with my application process.

I have had my application for the regular force (NCM) completed since around October (5-6 months). My application was put on hold and not sent to any CFRC location. I called the national recruiting centre this morning and I was told by a recruiter that the Infantry and Combat Engineer trades won't even be hiring this April. She also told me that I could end up waiting 'til at least the fall just to do my aptitude and medical tests.

Should I stick with my current application and wait for it to open up? Or would it be quicker just to cancel the application and apply for the reserves?
Would the application process with the Reserves get me in any sooner?

Has anyone else heard anything about these trades not hiring?

Sorry for all the questions. I just feel really torn between what to choose here.

Contact your local Reserve unit for information on open trades.

Ultimately the decision is up to you. If your goal is full-time with the CF then, obviously, the reserves isn't for you and the wait for reg force is worth it. However, if part-time is of any interest to you, contact your local reserve unit and inquire about switching your application.

Don't look for a way to speed up your application. It won't happen, as most are doing theirs for 6-8 months. Both reserve and full time

Back