• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone need a baby, cheap? Some BONEHEAD put their baby up for sale on Ebay

I'm heard that threat more than once from parents, never thought someone would follow through with it haha

I said that lots of time to friends. I say it more so when Daddy is away. Our son has separation issues." Daddy's boy"

I tried to give my son to my brother, once, when he'd REALLY p****d me off, but like lots of you have said - we say lots of things in moments of frustration. He eventually fixed what he'd broken, all was forgiven, and I kept the kid after all. Long run, I was glad I did. He grew up and turned out okay in spite of it all. Besides, my brother didn't want him, at age 16!

:cdn:
Hawk

Parents of Craigslist baby are known to police
Updated Thu. May. 29 2008 1:57 AM ET

ctvbc.ca

The parents of the baby girl, who was recently offered for sale on the Craigslist website for $10,000, are well known to police, CTV has learned.
Court documents reveal that the tot's father, Jeremy Pete, has been convicted of car and property thefts, obstruction, and escape from lawful custody.
In 2005, he was running from a stolen vehicle in New Westminster when police dog 'Nitro' gave chase and was killed under the wheels of a train.
The baby's mother Bethany Granholm has a list of convictions too.
They include property theft, fraud, possession of stolen credit cards, impersonation, failing to report to her probation officer, and stealing a car with the father of her child.
Details about the couple's past have surfaced after a Maple Ridge, B.C. woman called police last Friday to complain about the Craigslist ad, which described a baby that seemed to be offered for sale. It described the infant as "very cute" and said it was looking for a good home.
Using a cellphone number that was posted on the ad, police eventually found the baby in a Vancouver West End apartment, which was occupied by four adults including the baby's 23-year-old mother Granholm, who was breast-feeding the infant when police arrived.
Granholm and Pete were arrested and later released, after police failed to find any evidence to support the public mischief charges they were trying to press.

The couple claim the whole episode was really just a hoax.

With a report by CTV British Columbia's Peter Grainger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhhhhh.....convicted felons trying to sell a baby, over internet, getting caught and saying it's a hoax....doesn't that just pull at your heartstrings?  NOT!!!! :threat:  BONEHEADS!

And, as reported by CBC News:

Ad offering baby for sale a joke, says father

Pete did confirm he has a lengthy criminal record, including charges of theft, dangerous driving and obstructing police. He and the mother of the baby girl are best friends but are not romantically involved, Pete said. He and his current girlfriend have a three-month-old son.

Why didn't he offer his other kid up for sale?  ::)

As jokes can be made, there is a whole level much darker than the Craigs list jokes.

I was watching some show on the psychology of people who have never been socialized.
One couple bought a kid at a young age to be used as a slave - in every way. They kept her in a small closet for 18 years.

Not cool.

He and the mother of the baby girl are best friends but are not romantically involved, Pete said. He and his current girlfriend have a three-month-old son.

???  There must be something wrong with my math...current girlfriend's baby is 3 months old..."best friend's" baby is a newborn...what is wrong with this picture? Besides the whole selling a human being thing, of course.  ::)

I remember seeing a documentary on "Ferrel Children" that just scared the hell out of me.  This girl who was about 12 had been kept by her parents in a basement and treated like a dog her entire life.  She could not read or write, or even talk full sentences.  Apparently this abuse towards children is more common in the states than you might think.  Anyways they rescued her and were trying to like rehabilitate her I guess you could say.  But they said that after all the years, and after missing her primary education years.  There is just nothing really they can do for her to ever make her normal.  Very sad, I wish her parents a nice stay in Hell.

Celticgirl said:
???  There must be something wrong with my math...current girlfriend's baby is 3 months old..."best friend's" baby is a newborn...what is wrong with this picture? Besides the whole selling a human being thing, of course.  ::)

Ummm, he got the girlfriend pregnant about 12 months ago and got his "best friend" pregnant about 9 months ago.  (THEY WERE ON A BREAK!!!  Just kidding.)  How much you want to bet that his girlfriend and best friend aren't such good friends?  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Ummm, he got the girlfriend pregnant about 12 months ago and got his "best friend" pregnant about 9 months ago.  (THEY WERE ON A BREAK!!!  Just kidding.)  How much you want to bet that his girlfriend and best friend aren't such good friends?  ::)

I knew someone who didn't know which of 2 cousins where the father of her child ...

Wow, this is reviving an old thread but it would seem our Canadian "baby sellers" are in the news.....again!

Fraudsters rob credit card firms of $900K

Two of the newly-named suspects, Granholm and Pete, made headlines across the country last year after they posted an ad on Craigslist offering to sell their newborn baby daughter for $10,000. The couple were arrested but later released from custody without being charged after they claimed the ad was a joke.

Who's laughing now?  Maybe it wasn't really a joke.

Peter Hieber, a spokesman for police in the Bavarian town of Krumbach, said the baby was placed in the care of youth services in the southwestern Allgaeu region, although the child's 23-year-old mother insisted the ad was only a joke.

Of course it is going to be a 'joke'.. after you are caught

proudnurse said:
Of course it is going to be a 'joke'.. after you are caught

I'll bet the credit card fraud is a "joke" too.....      ::)

Back