• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

anyone knows friend or worked or works for CDN Border agency as Border officer

tech2002

Inactive
Reaction score
Since my military recruitment came to complete stop due to medical reason (H3 hearing) , I am looking for sort of similar occupation, challenging job, with possibility of traveling.. this was my wish list of possible choices
1. Cdn Military  - out  :( unless miracle comes in, and I can get my ear fix to H2
2. Police Officer - since has similar hearing requirements as military, I didn't bother to apply
3. Border Officer - unknown status,applied 4 months ago I was put on waiting list, unable to get info on hearing requirements  ???
4. Navigation Officer on cruise,merchant, cargo ships, offshore or inland
5. construction worker  ::)
6. truck driver.
7. ... any other exiting jobs out there,

I would like to know if anyone has a friend or worked For Cdn Border Agency, and can shed some light on that info, if there is similar hearing requirement ?

It's Canada Border Services Agency, and the position is called Border Services Officer. Medical standards are similar to most police forces since arming.

MedTech said:
It's Canada Border Services Agency, and the position is called Border Services Officer. Medical standards are similar to most police forces since arming.

I will be disappointed  to cross this one as well... finger crossed

You missed mentioning private security work... unfortunately the best jobs in your preferred area of interest are usually snapped up by those with 'prior experience'...

Like you mention, private security will not hire you if you don't have significant previous experience, and often they like military, police, Border officer experience...
I have finally find out today what is the hearing requirement for Border Services Officer , I got call, and they told me that hearing has to be within 25 db or less on each ear which is almost equivalent to H2 in military so in that case I am out too..  :(, the jobs that interest me, are became more out of range,
next is Navigation Officer on the ship, and I am discovering that they have medical tests as well , and hearing is one of them again, now I am waiting to get info on that what is the max db is allowed to get into this field

Back