• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone here write short stories?

Flash_fiction said:
Anyone here write short stories, like the title says?

I mostly write novels although I do have one novella out.

Do you have a question?

:cheers:

Been trying my hand at it for a while for what it's worth. I got nothing published but I have picked useful tidbits from my own ongoing work and from meeting authors here and there.

I have started a few goes at writing, but life always gets in the way, or I hit massive writers blocks...

It's never a win-win situation

The Question​

It was a dark and stormy night . . . Okay, it was mid-day yesterday, 11:36 Mountain Time to be exact, when he registered and posed the question.  He wondered if anyone would respond.  Actually, he didn't really care.  He had better things to do and was easily distracted.  Shortly before one o'clock his phone rang.  When he answered, he was presented with an interesting proposal from a company wanting to clean his carpets.  This was definitely more important and interesting than waiting for someone to read his post.  Here, at least, was a live person willing to talk to him.  It was a woman.  She sounded nice and didn't have an accent like many of the other people who usually called him .  Maybe this conversation would turn out differently, so he logged off his computer in order to pay proper attention to the lady.

. . .

;D

Well I do believe I see some serious potential in you sir.

The bite is real and so piquant too.

Have you considered writing for a satirical? Perhaps try your hand at novelettes?

Inky said:
;D

Well I do believe I see some serious potential in you sir.

The bite is real and so piquant too.

Have you considered writing for a satirical? Perhaps try your hand at novelettes?

He is the next great Aristophanes, I see it now 😍

Inky said:
  . . . and so piquant too.

I had to look that up just to make sure.  I usually use it to describe salsa and not the kind "made in Noo Yoork City".
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/piquant
. . . piquant words "prick" the intellect . . .

So, are you trying to call me a "prick"?

I do graphic novels myself...I've been working on a project for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back