• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any one doing there BMQ this summer?

I am suppose to go to either Meaford or Borden, in reserves. They told me they'd have a final decision by 06/16/04 so to call CFRC Hamilton that day for the YES or NO... It will probably be a "NO". They said they're just waiting to get my file back from Borden but it's taking awhile. Me and 5 other guys are waiting on final word. I hope to god they say I am going because I already got a leave of absence from work and got the family+girlfriend all ready for it.

Congratulations for those of you who know for sure your going! Hope to see you all there!!!

:threat:

Recruit Joe said:
I am suppose to go to either Meaford or Borden, in reserves. They told me they'd have a final decision by 06/16/04 so to call CFRC Hamilton that day for the YES or NO... It will probably be a "NO". They said they're just waiting to get my file back from Borden but it's taking awhile. Me and 5 other guys are waiting on final word. I hope to god they say I am going because I already got a leave of absence from work and got the family+girlfriend all ready for it.

Congratulations for those of you who know for sure your going! Hope to see you all there!!!

:threat:

ahh good old Borden.....that's where my file got held up last year also even though I have no health problems at all. Made me miss BMQ last year by 1 week! Oh well, everything happens for a reason right?

Ohh god... I hate hearing that from you. I was expecting the worst, but, I hate to hear it! :p

So your going this summer now? Did you at least get to swear in and train on your regular week night with your regiment when you were declined last summer or what? Please don't tell me they'll say "Sorry pal, you'll have to wait to do ANYTHING until next summer!"...

That would honestly SUCK...

I'd be very  :rage:

If you miss out on summer, you should be able to do a weekend bmq in the fall.  check with your unit.

Its good to see that some were trained / will be trained with my old unit (4R22R). Hehehe... I know some of the nco, and believe me, it will be a good BMQ.

:evil:

Recruit Joe said:
Ohh god... I hate hearing that from you. I was expecting the worst, but, I hate to hear it! :p

So your going this summer now? Did you at least get to swear in and train on your regular week night with your regiment when you were declined last summer or what? Please don't tell me they'll say "Sorry pal, you'll have to wait to do ANYTHING until next summer!"...

That would honestly SUCK...

I'd be very   :rage:

Oh yeah...I was sworn in on 2-September last year. Some units do that, but I've heard of some units who don't care because they have so many people applying anyway. That way they only get the people who obviously want to be there since they have to wait another year. But yeah, our unit hired us on because of retention purposes. It was a good to be a PAT first I think. We'll be way ahead of people who, say, just started the day before and don't even know how to put their webbing together (or even know what webbing is!). Good luck on getting your papers back this summer, but remember, it's not the end of the world if you don't.

Northern Touch said:
Nate M said:
I'm leaving for Meaford, ON on June 26th.   Most of the people I know who have been there say the ground is mostly rock and digging there is so much fun.   They haven't been there in a while but I doubt it has changed.  

I'm supposed to be heading to Meaford too, although I haven't been called yet, but I was told last week "your good to go for the summer".

Which unit are you with?

I'm with RHF Cambridge.  You?

I was supposed to be doing BMQ/SQ this summer at the new engineer spt. sqn. in Chilliwack but I just talked to my recruiter because I hadn't heard any confirmations, and it turns out my medical files are still held up in Borden   :rage: :rage: :rage: So it looks like I wont be doing anything this summer unless Borden gets there butt in gear. Anyone else have this problem?

My medical file took almost 6 months.  I sent in my forms as soon as I could get them and it reviewed it twice, but it took 9 months from when I handed in my application and when I was sworn in.

Holy crap, thats horrible. So I have no chance what so ever of making bmq/sq on july 2nd, and probably no chance of making only the bmq in mid july. That really sucks, because I planned my whole summer around it. I mean my medical file and everything reached the recruiting office on june second. and i still have no chance!?

Does everyone normally have to have a medical form filled out by there doctor, or is this only if you have some sort of condition?

Nate M said:
My medical file took almost 6 months.   I sent in my forms as soon as I could get them and it reviewed it twice, but it took 9 months from when I handed in my application and when I was sworn in.

Holy crap, took me less than a week.

agent911 said:
Holy crap, thats horrible. So I have no chance what so ever of making bmq/sq on july 2nd, and probably no chance of making only the bmq in mid july. That really sucks, because I planned my whole summer around it. I mean my medical file and everything reached the recruiting office on june second. and i still have no chance!?

Does everyone normally have to have a medical form filled out by there doctor, or is this only if you have some sort of condition?

Dont bet on it, like I said I got a call from the recruiting office that I passed my medical examination etc. and I would be able to go to BMQ in July.

:dontpanic:

I have to leave for Meadford from Montreal on July 20th for my MOC (armored recce) course.

ANy idea how im supposed to get all the way up there? 

Back