• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any favourite BMQ memories?

The story of how the engineers built the hill over an old indian burial ground?  Or was it built over the bodies of the recruits that couldn't make it?  ;D

The next day, the whole course get to hear how these four were stalked by their shadows and frightened by a bird.

Hearing the sentence "This is a jacking, a ONE WAY conversation"

That, and having my flag upside down during inspection, and getting away with it ;D

One of our instructors,  super hard core and really looks it.  Half way through a lecture on voice procedure,  decided to stop and jack everyone up because we're going into the field and we're all worms.  I completely understand why he chose to put a little "attention" into the group,  there were about 20 people who were dozy little freaks.  (seriously,  I'm not saying I was all that good, but at least I wanted to put in effort,  it was clear many of them were the coasting types)

He took 5 minutes to explain that we'll be going into his element and that he will eat us.  This was after he informed us that we were a bunch of (disparaging word for homosexuals) and then said he didn't care if any of us were actually a (disparaging word for homosexual) he will still slap us straight. Because we're going into where he reigned - one of his big issues was that we needed to keep a tight grip on our kit.  I'll admit I was kind of offended but what he was saying,  he used vulgar terms for every sex organ I could think of, but I understood the why.

I would have preferred he didn't use the vulgarity he did - but whatever. I liked the emotion,  I liked the passion. But what I LOVED was the irony when on the exercise where he was going to eat us,  he lost his radio.  It was just one of those cheep Canadian tire style ones,  (no crypto = no charges).  But still,  a radio - I felt conflicted between wanting to savour the falling of an impressive figure and a deep sense of loss.  ( I think I wanted to idolize him )

I think radio communications must be given to comedy!

On my comm course at CFB Esquimalt we were in the "new" Comm School, just learning voice procedure in our new voice trainer - individual cupicles, where we couldn't see each other, or our instructor. This is a second-hand story, for obvious reasons.

My voice call sign was Open Road. PO called me

"Open Road, over"    -no reply-
"Open Road, over"    -no reply-
"Open Road, over"  -no reply-

"M****n (my name) WAKE UP

At which point, I came to and responded.

Must have been up late the night before, and it was really warm in the voice trainer.

:cdn:
Hawk

Well so far in still in BMQ 1st day i showed up with my snowflake over my wrong eye (right eye) and a MC went off on me intill i told him it was my 1st day then he said sorry. Doing the bear march once or twice (right hand right foot,Left hand lelt foot). When we got issued are c7s we were told not to put the clips in but 20 mins later when we where in the rack my fellow buddie locked it in the gun only to have our Sgt come in (he pressed release button)...his heart was pounding when sgt left..lol. Like i said im still doing it so im sure ill do more stupid things.

Pte Quilty said:
Well so far in still in BMQ 1st day i showed up with my snowflake over my wrong eye (right eye) and a MC went off on me intill i told him it was my 1st day then he said sorry.

You guys have a cap badge first day?  Boy, things have changed.

St. Jean still gives the cap badge after your successful completion of the Drill Test as far as I know. Atleast on my course that was the case.

Cheers

Pte Quilty said:
Well so far in still in BMQ 1st day i showed up with my snowflake over my wrong eye (right eye) and a MC went off on me intill i told him it was my 1st day then he said sorry.

He said sorry? Things have changed ;D

What was a MC (read Master of Ceremonies) doing at Day 1 of your BMQ?

Or did you mean MCpl?

;D

Zell_Dietrich said:
But what I LOVED was the irony when on the exercise where he was going to eat us,  he lost his radio.  It was just one of those cheep Canadian tire style ones,  (no crypto = no charges).  But still,  a radio - I felt conflicted between wanting to savour the falling of an impressive figure and a deep sense of loss.  ( I think I wanted to idolize him )

Hmmm, I think I was in that particular session as well.  His speech was rather 'inspiring' wasn't it, it was nice to see a bit of 'the old army' sneak out of an instructor (I just hope he didn't catch any flak for it, he's a good fellow and it was well delivered and timely).

Apparently they changed since 2006. But hey, it's another responsibility they get earlier, so cant really say it is easier.

MCpl: How would you know who the enemy is?
Me: Fucker has rags on his head and shit
MCpl: Shiit, you're ready to kill Ghandi aren't you?

Hmmmm I guess no one told him that Ghandi was Hindu and didn't wear a turban.  ;D

Just a question there BergD, what are you going to do about all those other who don't wear a 'rag on his head and crap' ?  ::)

This one time, at army camp,

We had this one guy in our section who would barely ever shave, Sgt caught him, and our section had to shave after every 40 min class in the morning, the fun part was we got to do the gas hut in the afternoon. Got to love CS and razor burn ;D

i rememeber the first day i walked in the green doors at st jean and there was a PO waiting for us and he said do you have a girl friend private i said yes i do he said good good well your my meat puppet now

i didnt know what i was getting into

also a certain platoon mate went to a certain establishment for services and the PL staff found out and kept bugging him calling him lover boy oh man i cant believe he delt with it lol

Cap badge on first day?  ???
Is it a regular BMQ? that's weird... it was 4 weeks before to get it.

Back