• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any favourite BMQ memories?

Oh yes......... A drill class in the big HD4 drill hall at CFLRS.  Our platoon Sergeant calling us out one at a time to recieve an "award" (We were practising falling out of the ranks to go to the front and recieve an "award, promotion etc.")  The Sergeant calls out a name, buddy comes to attention, and comes marching up to the front looking like a dog @#!$ing a football. The Sergeant waits until he's almost smack in the centre of the formation and roars out "STOP!" Buddy freezes instantly.......... arms still in the marching position they were in when he got told to stop.  The Sergeant tells him "Go back and try it again.......... NOW!"  Well, doesn't buddy start marching back to his position........... BACKWARDS! I swear you've never seen something so funny in your life........ A scared crapless Private marching backwards to his position in the platoon. 

Needless to say, the Sergeant, after picking up his jaw off the ground, just shook his head and I heard him mumble something about "I thought I'd seen everything in 17 years and yet each new platoon I instruct, at least one Private shows me I ain't seen sh**!"

Regards

The grad parade.

What was planned: a full social get-together in the officer's mess with food and drink
What happened: "Mom, I think there's some cookies left over from our lunch in the gym."

Many things transpired to prevent our social from happening, and it was the fault of no one -staff or student- on the course.

So there I was...

On QL2 at the Vokes Range biv site in Chilliwack.  Throughout the day we had managed to break at least 2 lanterns accidently by dropping them, etc.  Our course 2IC, the crustiest sergeant in NATO, gets us all together and jacks us hard for almost 5 minutes.  We're a bit stunned, and then he gets in the MLVW to drive up to the range shack.  While turning the truck around he manages to back over 4 lanterns in their cases, destroying 3 of them.

He gets out, looks, exclaims "Awww ^#@#$%#!", gets in the truck, and drives off.

FYI. More BMQ notes at: http://www3.telus.net/helper33/basic  [Scroll to bottom]  A part of website: http://www3.telus.net/helper33

SQ field ex in shilo 2004 (august). :warstory:

Me and my fireteam partner could barely see anything without our glasses, and on the bug out we got gassed, our masks ended up fogging up, and it was dark and misty out :).  The whole platoon ended up bugging out and we were left behind trying to find the C6 and radio, were all groping around in the dark with our fogged up masks for the radio and C6, 2IC comes running up yelling along the lines of, WTF is wrong, get the ____ over here! ,Us "were trying to find the radio cpl! *groping around in the dark for the radio and C6* ;D,  Us, we cant see cpl!  Cpl starts yelling to the rest of the section SOME ONE GET UP HERE AND HELP THESE TWO BLIND MICE!!!

My roomate's sister aparently knew our section i/c's girlfriend.  So naturally, my roomate gets a picture, and puts it in his picture frame next to his bed.  The next morning, the master seaman comes in for inspection and eventually sees it.  After a few seconds of the scariest silence of my life, he decides that he wants my roomate to make sure he has the picture on him at all times.  When in class, eating or on the range he is to have the picture out infront of him.

Reserve BMQ in Base Gagetown building M5, morning inspection Mcpl getting pissed and jackin a guy up for having garbage in the garbage can, and kicking it so hard it hit the wall and bounced back and hit him in the face, giving him a bloody nose and a cut lip, and us then having to do push ups, cuz the garbage can was not securely in place  ??? oh well good times

On the AN PRC 521 radio power lecture,  there were a few typos... one of which had this small hand held radio broadcasting 30,000 MHz to 80,000 MHz.

This was around the time we got the lecture on how the radio is the most powerfull piece of kit you'll have in the field.  All I could think of (being sleep deprived) was at 80,000 MHz it would kill anyone within a 4 Km area.  I might have the numbers off on that one,  but still it would be a suicide radio-operation. 

"Zero this is ... AAGGGHHH" 

I approched the instructor afterwards,  and we had a good chuckel about Gamma radiation.

Now from one of the "old girls"!

You people make my BMQ sound tame, but this was way back in the dark ages when Cornwallis was a Navy New Entry Training Base - and we were in New Entry Training.

Conestoga 33 - there'd never been a class like us before (so they told us) and probably none like us afterwards. Keep in mind, this was in the days when girls were "ladies" complete with white gloves.

*The time we were being punished with a march for 2 hours around the base ("WRENS don't double"). When we got back we were all in our rec space and Able Wren N***** came limping in with her slippers on. One of our people said"Gee AB N*****, we really enjoyed our walk tonight, do you think you could take us another time?" I thought AB N***** would hit her!!

*The time a Wren who was to be class leader the next day and wasn't sure of the drill asked another one to help her-after lights out. Wren 1 and Wren 2 were doing drill in the midde of the cabin in their blue Pusser PJ's when AB N***** walked in. All I saw from my bunk was bare legs heading in 2 directions as they dove into their bunks. 2 hours extra work and drill for 5 days for both of them.

*The time we were on punishment weeding and watering the flower beds and H**** soaked an Upper Deck Wren in civillian clothes heading out on a date.

*We had Navy League and Sea Cadets there for summer training, and someone told them all the women on the base were officers. They saluted us and we returned the salutes-can't be inpolite! We got s--- and they got s---! They had more Time In than we did!

*Someone ran black lace panties up the flag pole at the Parade Square. "One minute to 8:00, Sir" and Commander Paul looked up the flag pole, as was his habit. He visibly staggered backward. We though the poor man was having a heart attack. There was an inquisition in Wren Block - but they hadn't come from our block. I met the guilty party years later!

It was a good time. I'm still friends with some of those people. We have some amazing memories- I could go on and on, but I won't for now!

:cdn:
Hawk

Gas hut:
Pte. on-a-holiday came back from Cuba with a sunburn all over his body with tan lines from his beater, deep red cracking in places, runs into gas hut, comes sprinting out the other side, has to go back in with us, the expression on his face was priceless (think Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark when the Nazi's are getting 'dissolved' by the ark.

Main gate OP at Farnham in -50 weather at 3am with one of the guys in my section, freezing, drinking coffee and smoking. We still have a good laugh about it, thank god for that coffee becxause it surely saved our lives... It's crazy how well you know the people you go to BMQ with and how suddenly they are gone.

Cheers,

Patrick

Joonrooj said:
Gas hut:
Pte. on-a-holiday came back from Cuba with a sunburn all over his body with tan lines from his beater, deep red cracking in places, runs into gas hut, comes sprinting out the other side, has to go back in with us, the expression on his face was priceless (think Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark when the Nazi's are getting 'dissolved' by the ark.

Dropping my gas mask while deconning was not my most brilliant moment.  I still managed to get it back on before having to breathe.

On my SQ field ex, one guy in the trench next to mine decided to disassemble the C9 and clean it in the trenches. He should have made sure it wasn't cocked, because when he tried to take the spring out, it launched right into his face and gave him a nice big fat lip for the rest of the ex.

Watching a batch of FOBs getting reamed their first morning for not eating breakfast (a chargeable offense)

I'm still here for a while, so I'm sure I'll think of/see more.

ToRN said:
Watching a batch of FOBs getting reamed their first morning for not eating breakfast (a chargeable offense)

I'm still here for a while, so I'm sure I'll think of/see more.

Really? I didn't know it was chargable. Can you provide a reference point in the QR and Os?

Having Room! called when some of the guys had just got out of the shower, One poor guy standing at attention butt naked having the Female Mcpl tell him in a heavy french accent that next time he would show her his buttocks. (she wanted him to face away if he was naked)

Learning Drill with a poor bugger named Still.( people moving Mcpl yells "Still" Still yells "YES Mcpl!" again and again)

Finding out that the Newfoundlanders do really talk like in the jokes.

Well mine would have to be:  This is is in the room next to mine

MCPL: why the F*** is your canteen not completely full
PTE: I don't know MCPL
MCPL: say Wing
PTE: wing

All that is hired is a scream, as another person in the room got the canteen in the groin

another would be:  MCPL on the radio to the course WO: 11 this is echo 5, send my Tango Hotel order to this grid 12345678 over, WO shows up minuets later with 1 coffee for the MCPL

I never liked the last one till I was out on a BMQ ex, and the course WO came over the radio and said (troops listening over there radios) saying, something to the effect of, "staff place your Tango Hotel orders"

Of the best one, I was out as staff, and was cooking supper (jigs dinner), along with the other 2 en force guys, and the officer: we had to ask a sect. commanders for directions, here's how it went:

Me: 11c this is 0 we need some direction with the Juliet Delta over
11c: the what
Me: our supper
11c: (speaking rather loudly) you mean the jigs dinner

What a way to demotivate a course  ;D

Back