• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any Civvy-U/Reservist Students ever done something like this?

ballz said:
I only did 3 weekends actually, plus 4-5 parades on Thursdays night. And the whole purpose I did that (on my own time) was to make habits so that when I do my BMOQ this May I'll already have trivial stuff like that made a habit and can worry on the more important stuff.

Remember... I'm laughing with you:
(but) Hahahahahaha.  I hope you had a t-shirt made up with crossed bayonets, laurel wreaths and battle honours like:

MESS HALL
SHOWERS
A DRILL CLASS
POWERPOINT

See you in May!

FastEddy said:

Its a pleasure to know that there is still a few Perfect and Righteous Politically Correct Men around.

Cheers.

Eh? What's that got to do with ghey t-shirt slogans?

Remember... I'm laughing with you:
(but) Hahahahahaha.  I hope you had a t-shirt made up with crossed bayonets, laurel wreaths and battle honours like:

MESS HALL
SHOWERS
A DRILL CLASS
POWERPOINT

See you in May!

We should do up medals for those kinda things. It would make me feel better on Nov. 11th standing beside all them vets with so many medals their jackets sag.

"What'd you get that one for"
"Oh, that was for surviving a near-death jacking in Gagetown"
"Ohhhh"

The more I think about it, the "battle honour" idea is kinda funny, might be nice to suggest for the course shirt this summer... poke fun at all the sillyness one sees on other shirts.

Corps of Guides said:
The more I think about it, the "battle honour" idea is kinda funny, might be nice to suggest for the course shirt this summer... poke fun at all the sillyness one sees on other shirts.

One course I knew got IAP ones that were pink and said "OMFG Best Pltn Evr!!1!"

When I was in highschool I was doing my  weekend training  for recruit, basic and BTT INF, sure dates me here. I  had a long weekend of little sleep and fell a sleep in English class. The teacher called my  name a few times to get my  attention it did not work then she called me by  my last name, i jumped out of my  desk, books flew thru the air, the desk fell over, at the top of my  lungs, I yelled YES Mame, everyone on the class was laughing as I came to attention.  Sometimes things are reflex action, have no control over it. I got detention for what  she thought was  overly  zealous and  sent tothe office, the VP and Princple both laughed and found it rather amusing. I thought I was just being very  polite calling her Mame. That  was the first of many  runs in with her over the school term, she was very  anti military. She was retired after Christmas before a lawsuit was filed over things said to me and other students  in the course of her teachings English.

I tried to avoid the wearing of anything army while I was in school and in the Militia.  Mind you I have my favorite pair of work around the house boots, They are the Desert boots ( initial issue way back when and not current style they are also no on my docs and available Civi street ) they are comfortable to slip on and putter around in. 

In Pet we do have a army with civi thing going on due to the numbers of military here some of that is now fashionable. 

Pet Peeve is the Dog tags bit in civi's or even worse at a bar, pulled out so they are noticable.  ( can you say TOOL ).  There are also those who twisted ankles or the like pulling the " I am a wounded vet" at a bar where all the bouncers are military to begin with and whom if they didnt know the story can smell bull$hi!! a Mile away.

Piper said:
...Can't say I'm ashamed of my job, but I don't feel the need to let the world know what I do (I'm not like a firefighter who gets his own vanity plates, window stickers, bumper stickers, windshield stickers etc so that everyone knows who they are  ;)).

So then what is your take on Vet plates and "Support the Troop" Stickers? since well... that does kind of fall in with the whole Advertising thing that youre talking about..... 

Tommy said:
So then what is your take on Vet plates and "Support the Troop" Stickers? since well... that does kind of fall in with the whole Advertising thing that youre talking about.....

I'm sure you can get what I'm talking about vis a vis vet plates and support the troops stickers. Everyone else did. Don't try to turn it into flame bait.

Tommy said:

No no, Tommy's just worried 'cause he's got the vet plates on the old beige beast!  Keepin' it VIP buddy?

Piper said:
I'm sure you can get what I'm talking about vis a vis vet plates and support the troops stickers. Everyone else did. Don't try to turn it into flame bait.

For the Record the Beast is more Pewter or Silver then Beige... and You know I'm Keepin it VIP! (going to get it detailed sometime in the next couple weeks...) For the Big Chef!

Anyways,

Piper, I took what you said to be a bit of an all encompassing Brush.. as if to say that wearing anything that ID's you as a CF member is bad... I just feel there is nothing wrong with wearing certain items.... though it will be a cold day in hell that I'll wear my Tags to the Bar or use a small pack anywhere outside of work... (those things DO make people look stupid....) but a Task Force Sweater or T-shirt or an ARMY or NAVY sticker on the back of your car, that just means you have pride for what you do in my opinion... I guess we just have different opinions on the matter...

cheers

Tommy said:
Piper, I took what you said to be a bit of an all encompassing Brush.. as if to say that wearing anything that ID's you as a CF member is bad... I just feel there is nothing wrong with wearing certain items.... though it will be a cold day in hell that I'll wear my Tags to the Bar or use a small pack anywhere outside of work... (those things DO make people look stupid....) but a Task Force Sweater or T-shirt or an ARMY or NAVY sticker on the back of your car, that just means you have pride for what you do in my opinion... I guess we just have different opinions on the matter...

cheers

Oh I hear where you're coming from, if that is indeed the impression you got from my post I apologise. Like I mentioned, I have used a mil ID once or twice when I get double carded and I have a some 'army' shirts (the ghastly one from CAP and a log branch one) that I wear for PT and occasionally find themselves into the civvie gym (because I don't feel like paying to buy new shirts for PT...the end up all nasty after a week). I don't work to hide what I do.

I was referring more to serving members who deliberatly cover themselves from head to toe in gear mixed with civvy stuff, or cover their cars in stickers, vanity plates, bumper stickers, window decals etc (although the occasionally 'Support the Troops' painted car is neat). Thats when it stops being 'pride' and becomes a desperate shout for attention.

And nothing will ever convince me that small packs or ballistic glasses look cool in civies. Ever. 

Mind you I have to confess to having about 5 grey T shirts from Logistcorps ( with out logo's) and a pair of shorts or two that Is my summer wear.  Wife was iffy on them but they are plain T's that are comfortable and I dont have to go routing for a differant T to putter around the house in.  Plus they are "Free"

Back