• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another "Joining the CF" story

You got the call today? You lucky dog!
When is basic for you?

I got the call today too, was offered my 3rd choice Artillery (Field). Swearing in is Jan 11th, and basic is Jan 25th.

You lucky guys!  I wish I'd get a call, but I know it wont happen until Jan probably.

I haven't accepted yet, since it's my second choice, I'm looking into my options. I'll most likely accept.

Goober said:
I got the call today too, was offered my 3rd choice Artillery (Field). Swearing in is Jan 11th, and basic is Jan 25th.
thats weird. i thought that basic always started on monday's

My process went very fast also.  Am looking to join reseves,as I know have a very good job but am looking for a challenge.  Went in to local Armoury talked to there recruiter got the paper work, after I had it filled out and dropped it off at the recruiting office I had a call with in a week to come in for apt test. did test on a Thursday afternoon, before I left was asked to come back the next Tuesday for Med, PT and interview. Failed PT first time ( was not doing pushups in the correct manner. It was like 5, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, ---12, 12, 12, 12, :rage: :'( :rage:) Then they found blood in the cup, great now have to see family doc, that only took a month to get an appointment.  Had him conduct a test and clean as a whistle.  redid the PT passed it this time, good form on the pushups  ;D.  Now its just the waiting game to get the call.  If it wasn't for the Family Doc taking a month to see me the whole process would have only taken about 3 weeks.
One thing that was funny though was there was quite a few of us there that morning for med and pt and interview, 6 to be exact. But there was one guy in the lobby that I was talking too it took him a month before they called him back for an interview. :salute: :cdn:

Hah, when they called me yesterday they thought I was joining the reserves when it's clearly stated on every bloody form that I'm applying as a regular. 

Its easy to make a mistake when you see so many forms....  remember that on your Recruit course :p

And I always wonder why people complain about being forced to get things "checked out by the family doc"....  Id much rather that any medical problem be resolved over me losing/getting into the forces on a rushed test.... (not saying it was rushed, just in general).

Btw, keep up the pushups.. the minimum really is ridiculous.

EasyCo said:
Hah, when they called me yesterday they thought I was joining the reserves when it's clearly stated on every bloody form that I'm applying as a regular.  

Is it going to slow you down any?

Nope, she said that it she changed the mistake and it wouldn't affect the process since I just got merit listed.

greener said:
Got the call, offered my second choice, COMM RSCH.

Wow - that's interesting - never heard of anybody actually getting selected for that (!)
In my simple mind, it's a "growth industry" these days ...
Good luck, whatever you decide!

I have since accepted (duh, I'd be stupid not to). I'm really excited, can't wait to start. Thanks.

So as it doesn't seem that I'm hijacking EasyCo's thread .. your time will come soon :)

By all means, post all you want in this thread.  I just keep updating the main post anyways :)

EasyCo said:
Nope, she said that it she changed the mistake and it wouldn't affect the process since I just got merit listed.

Nice! Congrats.

I got the call about 3 weeks after I was merit listed. Do you know when the next board sits? The last one was Nov 5th, and they sit every 6 weeks, but I don't know how Christmas will affect them.

Kincanucks posted that they last sat on Dec. 6th(http://army.ca/forums/threads/22167.30.html) which sucks since I got merit listed RIGHT after.  So I'm sort of in the dark now, I don't know what's going on.

Ahh so they probably wont sit again until after Christmas. By my figurin' I thought they might sit this week, but I guess they moved it up to the 6th.

Well, the wait is worth it tho, thats for sure :)

According to Kincanucks, the board sits next on January 14th.

Back