• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another "Joining the CF" story

You get 2 tries with each hand to do the grip test, they take the highest score with each hand. After you do the grip test, take a look at the grip-o-meter thing yourself to see your score, and say it out loud to the tester if you think they may read the device wrong. Although its just like a scale you stand on at home, rated in both lbs and kgs. (the one in Sydney anyway)

I have a question. what do you have to get on the grip test to pass?

Im scared cause I have weak little wrists lol

Good now I know what to ask him to put down when I handed him a 20.

Worst part is , if I could have just stayed in shape from doing BMQ this summer, it would have made this test a piece of cake, seeing as how i did 60 push ups, 55 sit-ups and ran 2.4k  in 9:50 lol.

god, I fell out of shape so damn fast in 2 months

75kg, that's 165lbs.  I have no clue how much I can do on that grip test, it would be nice to have an idea first.

I've also updated my main post with my next step in the process.

Bob the builder said:
I have a question. what do you have to get on the grip test to pass?

Im scared cause I have weak little wrists lol

Bob, you messed up your story somewhere along the line...here you are saying that you are worried about the physical but in this post: 

http://army.ca/forums/threads/22335/post-119601.html#msg119601

you say you have already been sworn in, so whats the deal?

Ah ok thank you for clarifying that, it just seemed a little off.

I went to a special gym yesterday to get an idea of what I'm capable of as far as the grip test goes.
I can do 120lbs in my right and 110lbs in my left.  At the time I was thinking that it was 165lbs per hand, but that's just crazy.  Can somebody please confirm that it's the sum of both hands that must equal or exceed 75kg/165lbs??

Yes, the sum of both hands needs to be 75kg, or 37.5kg each hand.

It is for both hands..Here is a link to the the Physical Fitness Application Guide for Applicants to the Canadian Armed Force..very helpful.

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/howtojoin/fitness_eval_e.aspx

Thanks Anne,

I've added another update, I completed my Physical test. Sweet.  :warstory:

I know I know, I'm pretty glad everything went smoothly.  The next board is in early Jan, so I'll have to wait patiently until then :)

call your CFRC at least once a month to see if you Had a offer, cause last June they told me that the selection comity. regrouped in sept and Jan , but i called once a month anyway and the story's changed each time. from what i know theres a comity every month until Jan.. ;)

call you CFRC and ask them , you'll see the information varies from one call to another. i was very surprised about it to when they told me that all these comity's were gathering up until the new year

Bograt and e_pelletier: I asked what your sources were about them meeting up every month.  Then I reread and understood what you were saying(I was still sleeping).  No need to call my CFRC, I spoke to them yesterday and they said January.

Back