• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

American Exiled to Canada for Sex Offenses

when you have a minority government, they had better listen...........

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/10/27/exiled-teacher.html

Immigration releases U.S. sex offender

An American teacher, who convinced a U.S. court to let him serve three years on probation in Canada after pleading guilty to sexual abuse, was released by Immigration Canada Friday after an official ruled he posed little threat to society.

Malcolm Watson, who had spent two days in custody, was ordered to stay at his family's home in St. Catharines, Ont., during an immigration hearing in nearby Niagara Falls on Friday morning.

"I'm satisfied that as a danger, you're at the low end," said Ken Thomson, the immigration review board member who gave the ruling.

"When I look at the evidence … it's clear that he comes out at the low end of the scale."

Watson, 35, was teaching at an all-girls school in Buffalo, N.Y., when he was charged for having a relationship with a 15-year-old student. He pleaded guilty on Monday in a Buffalo court to sexual abuse in the third degree and endangering the welfare of a child.

The judge in Buffalo approved a plea bargain that, at Watson's request, sentenced him to three years probation in Canada, which caused outrage across the country and prompted Ottawa to vow it would kick Watson out.
He was arrested by Canadian border guards on Wednesday as he returned from a court appearance in Buffalo.

Watson, who has landed immigrant status in Canada, has lived in Ontario for four years, most recently in St. Catharines, and is married with a wife and three children. He sat next to his wife during Friday's proceedings and appeared relaxed.

Harper: Canada laws 'too loose'
Prime Minister Stephen Harper promised on Friday afternoon that the federal government would do everything within its legal power to get Watson out of the country.

"Obviously, like most Canadians, we're outraged, but we are extremely limited when it comes to legal options," Harper told reporters in Oakville, Ont.

"We'll use every legal means possible to prevent this individual from being free in Canada. He is, unfortunately, a Canadian resident, and Canada's laws on this regard are too loose."

Harper also said the case was a perfect opportunity for opposition parties to stop "stalling" his government's criminal justice agenda, including Bill C-22, which if passed, would raise the general age of sexual consent to 16 from 14.

Government lawyers are scheduled to be in court next week to argue for Watson's deportation.

Thank God the Prime Minister is going to pick up where the Immigrantion Court has failed

STOP WASTING OUR TAXES CHASING A GUY WHO HAD SEX WITH A WILLING 15 YEAR OLD IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND START GOING AFTER THE 100's  WHO HAVE DEPORTATION ORDERS, SKIPPED BAIL, OR WHOM JUST WENT TO ANOTHER AREA AND THE LOCAL COURTS ARE OK WITH THAT, THAT HAVE RAPED AND/OR KILLED UNWILLING WOMEN IN OUR COUNTRY.

Frig, I hate politics.....

Bruce Monkhouse said:
STOP WASTING OUR TAXES CHASING A GUY WHO HAD SEX WITH A WILLING 15 YEAR OLD IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND START GOING AFTER THE 100's  WHO HAVE DEPORTATION ORDERS, SKIPPED BAIL, OR WHOM JUST WENT TO ANOTHER AREA AND THE LOCAL COURTS ARE OK WITH THAT, THAT HAVE RAPED AND/OR KILLED UNWILLING WOMEN IN OUR COUNTRY.

Frig, I hate politics.....

I agree there are much bigger buttholes to run down...totally agree with the "I hate politics" part. But it is political - it's less about the guy and more about the message.

Back