• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

American Exiled to Canada for Sex Offenses

Rodahn

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20061023.CANADA23/TPStory/National

While the teacher in question has a Canadian wife and children, and it is a plea bargain, do we as Canadians want somebody like this in the country?

THIS I find offensive.
An american judge sentences the fella to exile in Canada or Jail - who gave the judge the right to propose / order such a sentence.

Yeah, he's married to a lady who is Canadian and has kids who have dual citzenship BUT, this lad is a convicted PEDOPHILE..... STOP him at the border

Ignoring the fact that the judge BANSIHED someone at all... what gives him the right to send him HERE! It isn't like deportation - can our government not do something?!

yup.... as an American criminal, we have no pobligation to open our border to him.

Bleeding hearts - leave this sick puppy on the other side of the border where you found him ..........

geo said:
Bleeding hearts ..........

I think you 'hit the nail squarely on the head' there.

Next question is "What relevance does this have to "MILITARY" Current Affairs & News?"

(was hoping to hit more than that with my hammer ;))
willing to use 15 Lb sledge to hammer point in properly!

Next question is "What relevance does this have to "MILITARY" Current Affairs & News?"
[/quote]

While I agree that it has no bearing on Military Current Affairs and News, may I kindly point out that under the forums heading is does just state "Current Affairs and News" Further, I was so disgusted with the story when I read it, I wanted to see what the other members of the forums response would be.

Thanks for your patience.... I'm still finding my way around here.....

Someone like that doesn't deserve to occupy the ground needed to stand on in any country.  He is obviously a threat to society and should be dealt with as such.

Maybe the judge thought there wouldn't be a problem since the age of consent in Canada is 14? (At least until Bill C-22 is passed which I don't think it has yet?)

I just heard on the radio that the sicko may not be allowed to reenter Canada on a permanent basis due to the criminal record he now has.

It's one thing for a Judge to exile him. It's another entirely to exile him TO CANADA. Exile to Canada has some implications about our country I don't like; that we would overlook the offence and allow him in, that we would somehow be bound to enforce the US order of "not leaving Canada for three years", and that we have been considered as a dumping ground for a convicted American criminal.

I hope he will not allowed to enter Canada even on a temporary basis. As for his family being here...I can't imagine his wife wanting him around after this either.

x-grunt said:
It's one thing for a Judge to exile him. It's another entirely to exile him TO CANADA. Exile to Canada has some implications about our country I don't like; that we would overlook the offence and allow him in, that we would somehow be bound to enforce the US order of "not leaving Canada for three years", and that we have been considered as a dumping ground for a convicted American criminal.

I hope he will not allowed to enter Canada even on a temporary basis. As for his family being here...I can't imagine his wife wanting him around after this either.

As his wife is Canadian, it would be ridiculous to think the Judge would exile him to Indonesia or Trinidad or somewhere else.

Since it was a plea bargain, there's room for negotiation.
Canada will take half of him.
I've got a chainsaw.  >:D

OK, ok.....if that's too extreme, then any of his bits involved in the sexual abuse have to stay in the States.
Again, I've got a chainsaw  ;D

You guys must be getting soft in your old age.......I was expecting the use of a dull instrument, like a spoon or something. 

Whatever happens, he is sure to be added rather quickly to the National Registry of Sex Offenders and the community that he moves into will have to be properly advised.

George Wallace said:
As his wife is Canadian, it would be ridiculous to think the Judge would exile him to Indonesia or Trinidad or somewhere else.

Ridiculous or not, I disagree with the idea of exile to a specific location, . Exile means "you are not allowed to stay here" and he can find his own place to go. He can go home to his family, if we allow him in, or if not he can go to Trinidad, or Indonesia , or wherever he can find a home. His family can go with him, if they still want him around.

Exile "to Canada" and the condition of a three year stay implies the belief, at least, that we will take him and watch him as ordered by the US court - Canada as a surrogate US prison. As we do not seem to have been consulted I find that disconcerting.

edit: grammer

George Wallace said:
Why did BC just come to mind?

We don't want him out here...... Unless it's someplace way up north by the Yukon border... With nobody else around, then again that would work just about anywhere.... Let's just send him to the "island" that's in dispute between Canada and Denmark......

Sure, send him up, on the condition he's not allowed to leave Ellesmere Island, ever.  Hey! New growth industry! The worlds gulag,  think of the possibilities, Escape from New York is a pussy concept, try Escape from the Frozen Tundra.

Back