• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All the boot types in the system (and a few that aren't there yet)

Jager said:
Funny that, thats how I already lace them, only way I knew how (at least thats how I thought you 'HAD' to lace them =) ) Guess its just me running around, and jumping of veh, and such.... oh well, winter is only 8 months of the year  ::)

Which is why I said "not I" in response to be able to solve your dilemma for you. That's how I wear mine, and so far (20 years later) I haven't had an issue with them ... so I'm not changing mine. They work for me like that.

Someone on here though MUST have dealt with this before and can possibly recommend something I'm sure.

Anyone?? Guys?? Bueller??

Vern, I must admit the locally purchased Haix P6 (P9?) boots they bought for me were very nice and their soles survived without much sign of use after 7 months in country.

Of course, that reply is to what the last post on my page 2 had.. before I noticed there was a page 3 and typed up my reply.

As for Mukluks, I find if they are too tight they tend to restrict blood flow and make my feet colder.  I have issues with my extremities getting cold and suprisingly it makes a big difference for my feet.  Lacing them for me is as per normal footwear, wrapped around the body of the boot several times in a criss cross pattern to the top and tied off.

Bzzliteyr said:
Vern, I must admit the locally purchased Haix P6 (P9?) boots they bought for me were very nice and their soles survived without much sign of use after 7 months in country.

Of course, that reply is to what the last post on my page 2 had.. before I noticed there was a page 3 and typed up my reply.

As for Mukluks, I find if they are too tight they tend to restrict blood flow and make my feet colder.  I have issues with my extremities getting cold and suprisingly it makes a big difference for my feet.  Lacing them for me is as per normal footwear, wrapped around the body of the boot several times in a criss cross pattern to the top and tied off.

Glad to hear that your boots worked!! Yay!!  :)

As for your mukluks ... like a ballerina eh? I'm seeing hints of that in you!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Sandals, tropical, brown (for you sailor types!!).

Ahh, finally something for the sailors.  Can't believe that no one has mentioned those awful sea boots that used to be issued and are surely still in the system.

DM

DiverMedic said:
Ahh, finally something for the sailors.  Can't believe that no one has mentioned those awful sea boots that used to be issued and are surely still in the system.
DM

Ahem ...

ArmyVern said:
I'll try; then you can list all the ones I've missed.  ;)

MkIIIs = Combat Boots
WWBs = Wet Weather Boots
BGPs = Boots, General Purpose
TCBs = Temperate Combat Boots
ACBs = Air Crew Boots
STBs = Steel Toed Boots (aka Safe T Boots ;D)
LMBs = Linemans Boots (aka Boots, climbers)
FFBs = Fire Fighters Boots (aka Boots, black & Yellow, big, and clumsy)
DBs = Desert Boots
STDBs = Steel Toed Desert Boots
BRCs = Boots, Rubber Clumsey (aka Oversboots, Combat)
VHHBs = Vern's High Heeled Boots (aka civilian purchase only boots)

Of course, there's still ankle boots, sea boots, blast boots, etc amongst others not listed ...

[Edit to add links to specific boots' threads]

;) I would never forget the Navy!!  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Ahem ...

;) I would never forget the Navy!!  >:D

Missed that one.  Just curious tho, are those old "sea boots" that were more like a shitty steel toe shoe actually still in the system or did they get tossed when the navy switched to the work boot style?

DiverMedic said:
Missed that one.  Just curious tho, are those old "sea boots" that were more like a shitty steel toe shoe actually still in the system or did they get tossed when the navy switched to the work boot style?

There are still some in the system. I've actually had to order some up for a couple of sailors who found that the new type weren't working for them.

Hmmm ... there seems to be an ongoing theme with footwear and it working for some/not for others ...

Boot allowance, boot allowance, boot allowance. (Quite like "beetlejuice X 3" -- I wonder if it will eventually work).

Jager said:
and I can't think of any other boots at the moment, or wait can I...

Is there a better option than the muckluks (for winter, when its cold), they destroy my feet, and everyone else's that I know
http://www.overshoe.com/ ;)

ArmyVern said:
There are still some in the system. I've actually had to order some up for a couple of sailors who found that the new type weren't working for them.

Hmmm ... there seems to be an ongoing theme with footwear and it working for some/not for others ...

Boot allowance, boot allowance, boot allowance. (Quite like "beetlejuice X 3" -- I wonder if it will eventually work).

Time will tell Vern

ArmyVern said:

God that would be great, a Boot Allowance, (Vern now try clicking your heals together 3 times and say Boot Allowance that if the beetlejuice method didn't work  ;D)

Back