• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All the boot types in the system (and a few that aren't there yet)

Ha, wasn't me in the bar  :-[

I met you at work so I don't think that you'd pick me out to easly from the untaimed masses you deal with all the time

Jager said:
Ha, wasn't me in the bar  :-[

OK so you didn't meet me in a bar. That's not unusual -- I don't frequent bars (never been in one in my life actually).  ;D

So, where did you meet me --- and was I mean??  >:D

Nope, you where quite nice (unlike your normal self  :p), and you where tearing into someone for there stupidity without them even really relizaing it, and afterwards you where nice to me  >:D

Jager said:
Nope, you where quite nice (unlike your normal self  :p), and you where tearing into someone for there stupidity without them even really relizaing it, and afterwards you where nice to me  >:D

Well, if I was nice and pleasant with you -- it would have been because you deserved it.

If I was in mean nasty Sgt/WO handing "shit" out covertly (dependant upon the time-frame) mode -- it would have been because that person deserved it.

I can seperate the two. I'll assume this occured at clothing stores?? Either that, or I recall a time I kicked someone off an honour guard because they looked like shit --- with a get off this damn parade square kind of nice comment.  >:D

It was at clothing stores, and I'll never forget  ::)

I guess I should stop hijacking the thread  ;)

so, is there a replacement for the Jungle Boot that they took out? Or nothing as of yet

ArmyVern said:
I guess you failed to catch mine ... 'lil devil sign and big grin and all.

And, really -- I wasn't lying. I just took a young 22 year old out for drinks. He's fine. I didn't hurt him or anything. Cost me a hundred bucks ... but we both lived. Engineer type. Way too shy for this girl!! ;D

hey I had to do way to much fighting with some nice  >:D people in D59 today  ::)

ArmyVern said:
-- I don't frequent bars (never been in one in my life actually).  ;D

no not at all  ;D :cheers:

Jager said:
It was at clothing stores, and I'll never forget   ::)

I guess I should stop hijacking the thread  ;)

so, is there a replacement for the Jungle Boot that they took out? Or nothing as of yet

Way to bring it back on topic!!!

Jungle boots are still in the system:

(I think though -- and I could be wrong --- the official terminology is "Boots, Extreme Hot Weather")

Boot, Jungle, black on black; and
Boot Jungle, green on black.

Oh yeah!!

And then there's those:

Boots, ankle, hush puppies, desert, suede; and
Sandals, tropical, brown (for you sailor types!!).

OK, Last I heard they where being phased out (but things change all the time

So, is there a difference between the new desert boot, and the one that was issued in 2000?

Jager said:
OK, Last I heard they where being phased out (but things change all the time

So, is there a difference between the new desert boot, and the one that was issued in 2000?

Ohhh ... now over to desert boots.

Well, they have vibram soles now ... and are not as narrow cut over the arch of the foot, the tongue is attached to the sides rather rather than free-floating ... they, apparently, still suck.

and I can't think of any other boots at the moment, or wait can I...

Is there a better option than the muckluks (for winter, when its cold), they destroy my feet, and everyone else's that I know

Jager said:
and I can't think of any other boots at the moment, or wait can I...

Is there a better option than the muckluks (for winter, when its cold), they destroy my feet, and everyone else's that I know

The mukluks are what we have for arctic/winter footwear.

Make sure that they fit you well; if they're too loose (the duffle socks) -- go in and exchange them. Also, make sure that you've got both the inserts (felt & mesh) in your mukluk. That's about all I can offer up.

I've not had a problem with mine, but I do recall a few incidents where we've had troops come in to exchange them for smaller. A few mind you.

ArmyVern said:
The mukluks are what we have for arctic/winter footwear.

Make sure that they fit you well; if they're too loose (the duffle socks) -- go in and exchange them. Also, make sure that you've got both the inserts (felt & mesh) in your mukluk. That's about all I can offer up.

I've not had a problem with mine, but I do recall a few incidents where we've had troops come in to exchange them for smaller. A few mind you.

Figured as much, they fit quite well, I find that my ankle rolls way to much, and as such I've hurt it a few time. Meh, at least my feet have never been cold, so far

Jager said:
Figured as much, they fit quite well, I find that my ankle rolls way to much, and as such I've hurt it a few time. Meh, at least my feet have never been cold, so far

I guarantee you that someone (probably of the old dinosaur type  >:D) here has a trick to solve that problem for you.

Not I; I just pull the laces as nice and tight as I can get them, putting them through that damn tab on the back heel of the boot and wrapping up around my ankles ... kind of like ballet shoes ...  :-\

I'm now getting visuals of me in a tutu -- it's not pretty at all.

ArmyVern said:
I guarantee you that someone (probably of the old dinosaur type  >:D) here has a trick to solve that problem for you.

Not I; I just pull the laces as nice and tight as I can get them, putting them through that damn tab on the back heel of the boot and wrapping up around my ankles ... kind of like ballet shoes ...  :-\

I'm now getting visuals of me in a tutu -- it's not pretty at all.

Funny that, thats how I already lace them, only way I knew how (at least thats how I thought you 'HAD' to lace them =) ) Guess its just me running around, and jumping of veh, and such.... oh well, winter is only 8 months of the year  ::)

Back