• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Airbrake Qual. - Civilian License ?

X-armoured

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if my military airbrake qualification is
transferable to my civilian drivers licence?
And how would I go about doing this?
I retired last year so I don't have access to my
404's or 416's.
x-armoured

What Regt were you from, I know the LdSH(RC) gave all there members (or in the process of) their hard copies, of the 416, as they are making everything electronic. You should be able to phone your Regiment TPT and ask if you are still in the system and ask for a copy, as for the transferability, I really am not sure.

I know here in NL you can challenge the civy airbrake qual with the military one but you need a letter from your transport rep in order to do so.

the way it was in NS was that u went in and u had to re right the written test...

armyboytncoy said:
the way it was in NS was that u you went in and u you had to re-right write the test...

There, fixed that right up for you.

Yes that is correct. In Nova Scotia you have to write your civie air brake test. I'm not sure for other places.

As for 416's... if you got out last year or so, we can still bring it up. As long as you got a service number. Just visit your local TPT rep and ask.

Back