• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Show Photos

Army Outfitters said:
Excellent pictures. Did you happen to get any of the snowbirds in uniform showing patches?

I didn't, but if you're looking for one I can get a couple of shots tomorrow and Monday...

how did you get access to airport to see the planes from up close, I was able to see it only from side of one the parking lots, I was there in the morning, I didn't see F22 at the time..

tech2002 said:
how did you get access to airport to see the planes from up close, I was able to see it only from side of one the parking lots, I was there in the morning, I didn't see F22 at the time..

I'm actually a volunteer for the air show on the media side of things, so I get the opportunity to participate in media days at Pearson and out at the Island. 

Your best bet for seeing the aircraft is when they depart and arrive back at Pearson.  You have to figure out which runway is the active one and find a place where you can watch that doesn't get in the way of traffic or break any of the Peel Regional Police rules and regulations.  Those who were out there yesterday got a chance to see the Raptor and the Viper come in together after their performance.

The show runs from 1pm to 4:30 today and tomorrow, with the best viewing being at the CNE waterfront.  Make sure you bring plenty of sunscreen, and hats to keep the kids and yourself protected as the beautiful blue sky we have is letting the sun shine down fiercely.  Some parents brought blankets for their kids, ideal if they want to take a nap (as they sometimes do). 

Finally, if you have earplugs, I would recommend them especially for the smaller kids.  Our show is LOUD this year, and little ears are sensitive things...

Cheers, Bandit

Fantastic shots!  I'm probably going to sit on my deck this afternoon and see as much of the show as I can. 

Those are some incredible pictures.  My favourites are morning glory(a beautiful shot of the sun's rays shining on that Mustang's silver fuselage) and the one of the P51, F16 and F22 making that steep climb.  Thanks for sharing, cheers. :salute:

Bandit and CDN Aviator...AWESOME shots!
My place of work is directly underneath one of the flight paths at Pearson and I thought I saw the Raptor doing (oh, what do you call it when the plane dips one wing down and then the other in succession?).  It was way up there though, couldn't see much.  Thanks for the pictures, looking forward to more.  ;)

CDN Aviator said:
I will see your snowbirds pictures and raise you a few more

I like your view better than mine.... ;D  Maybe one day I'll be able to match your raise and throw some more on to up the ante.... :)

Cheers!

Bandit and CDN Aviator...AWESOME shots!
My place of work is directly underneath one of the flight paths at Pearson and I thought I saw the Raptor doing (oh, what do you call it when the plane dips one wing down and then the other in succession?).  It was way up there though, couldn't see much.  Thanks for the pictures, looking forward to more. 

Yes airshow season is something to watch but I myself prefer catching the "Arrival" or "Departure" shows, as sometimes they (the visiting pilots) may do some interesting maneuvers not shown during their flying demonstration.
I remember watching a couple of A-10's buzz the tower or Tomcats breaking the sound barrier in Moose Jaw back in the late 80's :pop:

Back in 1978 I hooked a ride in thn RAF Nimrod at the Saskatchewan Air Show. Price was a beer for the crew afterward. Great fun. But the best was the Snowbirds show on Friday Evening. They had been down at Minot for the afternoon doing a show, and announced their arrival with a low pass over the base. The mess emptied and we saw the best Snowbirds show I can ever remember. It helped that the Thunderbirds were on the ground, too.  ;)

Bandit1 said:
I didn't, but if you're looking for one I can get a couple of shots tomorrow and Monday...
If you could that would be great. I have the standing offer contract to supply them with patches and it is always nice to see them in use

I went today to airshow, took lot of shots, just when I needed most battery died on me when snowbirds showed up..  :mad:
I will post some shots later

dscf9389zw0.jpg

dscf9396eb2.jpg

dscf9404fk9.jpg

dscf3163vw9.jpg

dscf9664bc5.jpg

Absolutely FANTASTIC shots!

I missed the Abbotsford Air Show this year, and you just made my evening!

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks Tech, the Raptor is something else isn't it? Thrust vectoring, cruises above mach without using afterburner, has the radar signature of a bee; not bad for roughly $90 million a piece.  

I wish I had a camera that produces something else other than grey dots in the sky (I didn't even bring it). I was standing just outside HMCS York (because I didn't want to get caught in the Ontario Place parking lot AGAIN!) There would have been some great pictures of the Snowbirds solos going around the CN Tower.

Nice shot of "Little Tommie" (the C-17). I had a similar view while at a red light in Trenton today. What a great site to see her at 8 wing with "Canada" on the side.  :)

Thanks for sharing your pics gentlemen. Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I did.  :cheers:

Back