• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice on writing CV for Reserve Infantry officer

jiangx18

Inactive
Reaction score
My file just recently went through and I've been called to drop by the unit I was assigned to for an interview. My recruiter asked me to bring a few copies of CV with me.

While I am familiar with writing resume for a civilian job, not exactly familiar with what the COs look for in a reserve infantry resume.

I have a bachelor degree in science from UofT, your typical straight A student with lots of experience in labs and research, also teaching. I do keep myself physically active, fit and health, but I don't really participate in any form of contact sport or any sports for that matter.

I don't know how well these transfer on to a resume for reserve infantry officer, any tips or idea on what to put on my CV to give a good impression? 

jiangx18 said:
My file just recently went through and I've been called to drop by the unit I was assigned to for an interview. My recruiter asked me to bring a few copies of CV with me.

While I am familiar with writing resume for a civilian job, not exactly familiar with what the COs look for in a reserve infantry resume.

I have a bachelor degree in science from UofT, your typical straight A student with lots of experience in labs and research, also teaching. I do keep myself physically active, fit and health, but I don't really participate in any form of contact sport or any sports for that matter.

I don't know how well these transfer on to a resume for reserve infantry officer, any tips or idea on what to put on my CV to give a good impression?

They are looking for a regular run of the mill "CV", no different than what you would be providing to any perspective employer.

Just of of curiosity, how did your interview go? Do you know when your BMQ will be? I am in the same boat as you, reserve however I am still awaiting my medical/interview session. I was hoping I could do BMQ during the summer. 

And for everyone's personal sanity, have at least one other person review it for typos, grammar and just plain stupid bad writing. You'd be surprised how significant an advantage a properly written resume / CV and cover letter gives you.

Having reviewed resumes and cover letters over the years for applicants to positions I was supervising, I am appalled at the quality of work that is being passed off by job applicants. If it were the exception rather than the rule it wouldn't be so bad, but it seems to be getting worse as the years go on.  :facepalm:

Back