• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice for women on BMQ and other courses [MERGED]

GenePool said:
The thing I would actually be more concerned about there is how many times you hear "squat position change" or "pushup position change" while you are wearing your swim suit and the male PSP staff are enjoying the view, seen it happen....

Whoop de doo... They'll have the same seat in hell as the rest of us

Wow...it's been a long time since I started this thread and a lot has happend to me since then.  Thought I would pipe in and give a little update...

Currently, I am working as an Air Reservist as an RMS clerk.  I was sworn in in September and have been working (Class A) ever since.  I work in a very busy orderly room at an air maintenance squadron.  I just love my work!  Love love love it!  I am not even trained yet (neither BMQ OR QL3)  But I am so motivated to do well at both of these up coming trainings opportunities.  I don't want to lose my job because I can't get my A$$ through basic!  So I will take all the encouragement I can get and keep bust'n a move towards my goal! 

By the way, I start BMQ in St. Jean 17 Jan. 2011 until 22 April 2011.  :piper:  I have successfully passed my express test already (You have to do that BEFORE you go to BMQ if you are a reservist) and I even went and did the shuttle run again at a test that was taking place last week and beat my run by a whole level since September.  Running is still my weakness, but hopefully my strength will help me!

So on that note, I thank you all for all your words in the past and I hope to meet you ALL sometime during my military career!!

TFLY....

:-*

Finally - after 16 1/2 months  :nod:  I graduated BMQ 9 Dec 10.  What an experience!  It was fun at times, but all in all I'm glad it's over.  On leave for the holidays and go back to Borden after the new year.  Start my 3s 17 Jan.  Can't wait!! 

Any tips for surviving Boredom ... erm... Borden?

Congratulations, Lil-T! That's great news. Have a good Christmas. You earned it.

Nice to see you stuck with it.  I might use this story as required reading for those who whine at the drop of a hurdle.............

Can't wait to see you in St. Jean! I don't' think I'll be platoon-ready by the 17th of January but - I am pushing for February or early March. The sooner, the better! Can't wait to be allowed to do drill again and "fit in"...

I'm not giving up, not in my vocabulary! It'll be great to have 'some family' down that way!!! Might be a bit of encouragement/incentive to get fixed STAT!

Congratulations!

What platoon? Did you have the Hurricane as an instructor? lol

And congratulations from me as well. No small accomplishment, that.

Way to go Tanya!!!

Good to see you back up on this meansm

Season's Greetings to you and yours.

tango22a

armychick2009 said:
Can't wait to see you in St. Jean! I don't' think I'll be platoon-ready by the 17th of January but - I am pushing for February or early March. The sooner, the better! Can't wait to be allowed to do drill again and "fit in"...

I'm not giving up, not in my vocabulary! It'll be great to have 'some family' down that way!!! Might be a bit of encouragement/incentive to get fixed STAT!

It will be really nice seeing you again too!!  It would have been nice to have you on my platoon!  But maybe something will happen and we will be on the same one.  But if not, we'll at least get to see each other.

So instead of running tonight, I'm going Christmas shopping.  :-o  I better get out of this slacker mode quickly!  :p

There's a 43 year old woman nicknamed "Mom" on our platoon, as well as a bunch of 43-45 year old guys on our platoon and they do just fine. I wouldn't worry so much as age as I would just getting mentally prepared for BMQ ;)

EpicBeardedMan said:
There's a 43 year old woman nicknamed "Mom" on our platoon, as well as a bunch of 43-45 year old guys on our platoon and they do just fine. I wouldn't worry so much as age as I would just getting mentally prepared for BMQ ;)

Thanks, I'll do just that.  :)  Are you there now?  What week?  If so, see you in a few weeks, perhaps.  :-\

rezz said:
Congratulations!

What platoon? Did you have the Hurricane as an instructor? lol

R41 - R0364E

I'm sure at least one of my instructors is on here... as for the Hurricane - not sure who that would be. 

trust me, I did my share of whining.. but I did it. There were parts I really enjoyed and parts I hated with a passion.

Thanks for all your kind words though, it's much appreciated.

Bruce, I couldn't not stick with it.  I'd never have been able to live with myself if I gave up.  Plus I have a long list of friends and loved ones who would have gladly kicked my ass if I did.  So instead, I have a long list of friends and loved ones who are very proud of me.  It's a good feeling - that sense of accomplishment.

It's nice to be a real person now.  :salute:

no worries there man.  Now, only 27 days til my QL3 starts.  Pumped.  Looking forward to be the best damn clerk I can be.  Yay, pub searches, ccps, fmas and hrms!!!

That is until they completely reconfigure the system and I have to relearn a whole bunch of new stuff.

Lil_T said:
Any tips for surviving Boredom ... erm... Borden?

Here's my 1000 word essay on how to survive Borden:

163263_474462816231_623831231_6256477_5561919_n.jpg

oh man.... I'm gonna replace the crown with my buddy Jose... whiskey and I don't mesh

Back