• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Actual Hot Trades ?

Le Roux

Inactive
Reaction score
Is there any trades that the army need a lot actually ?
Still in the need of Sig Op ?

Armoured Soldier
Arty (Field)
Infantry
Cbt Engr
Line Maintainer
Naval Weapons Technician
Boatswain
ATIS Tech
LCIS Tech
NCI Op
NES Op
NE Tech (A, C and T)
Comm Rsch
Mar Eng Mech
Veh Tech
AVN Tech
AVS Tech
Cook
Sup Tech
MSE Op
RMS Clk
Nav Comm
SOnar Op
EO Tech (formerly FCS Tech)
Sig Op
Med Tech
AC OP

If you want a trade that you will guarantee to WORK in.. then I would suggest the hardest working trade is Field Engineer.  There is not a day that goes by that they are not out somewhere busting their hats off doing something.  Yes there are a lot of other trades that claim it, but I will guarantee you the Engineers work the hardest.  And we ALWAYS need more engineers.  With the frequency of deployments, they are always in demand.

NOTE: this is my OPINION..

What officer positions are considered understrength currently, if any at all?

LeonTheNeon said:

Have you ever considered reading more and asking questions less?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/43872.0.html

Yeah I'm putting my Component Transfer in this week.

My choices are as follows BUT I'm going to talk to the recruiter more about Sig Op, I'm very interested in that... Sounds like a very good mix of everything I love...

My choices:
1.) Armour
2.) Infantry
3.) Sig Op

I have a feeling that the recruiters will try and steer me to Sig Op... I imagine with a 6 month trade qualification course the sign-on must be longer than the standard 3 years no???

Cheers to all of you switching from Reserves to Regs as well!

I would focus more on what type of occupation you might want to do instead of what occupations the CF would like to fill. If you leave it to someone else to decide on the occupation for you, I can almost guarantee you woun't like what is selected for you.

If you like electronics, the navy NET trades are really undermanned, esp. the acoustic and radar (tactical) trades.

I have a feeling that the recruiters will try and steer me to Sig Op... I imagine with a 6 month trade qualification course the sign-on must be longer than the standard 3 years no???

Signal Operator is four years. One warning though the training for the first few months are extremely boring. Personally if I had to do it all over again I would have went AC Op instead of Sig Op.

LeonTheNeon said:

If standing around and waiting (recruiting) seems too tough, going for officer is way too difficult.
The army is expanding now for the first time in a decade.  There are plenty of people who know better than I do that this is as good as it gets!
Just go for it.  If this is not for you, you'll find out.

exsemjingo said:
If standing around and waiting (recruiting) seems too tough, going for officer is way too difficult.
The army is expanding now for the first time in a decade.  There are plenty of people who know better than I do that this is as good as it gets!
Just go for it.  If this is not for you, you'll find out.

Take the time to research your options. Don't just jump in and hope that you made the right choice. This is a great time to be joining...pick something that you really can see yourself doing.

Sigs Guy said:
Signal Operator is four years. One warning though the training for the first few months are extremely boring. Personally if I had to do it all over again I would have went AC Op instead of Sig Op.

Very interesting, and thanks for the advice! I have just recently started looking into the other "Op" trades... LCIS also, couple different things. I primarily changed my choices and think my first choice will be one of the technical trades like Sigs or some such and second and third choices Combat arms.

Joe

Back