• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acne

E

Ender57

I have a minor acne problem on my face, mainly around my chin. It comes and goes but overall it isn't there that often.   I don't need to take any medication for it and use over the counter creams on it. I wanted to know if it will be a problem when I get the medical stage of testing and if you could keep me out of the military.Thanks!!!

Not a problem, unless it was so severe that it would somehow limit your ability to do your job (eg. wear a properly fitted gas mask).  But I've seen quite a few guys with fairly bad acne in the CF.  In fact, once you're in (assuming you're going for Reg Force) they'll even pay for a prescription for you if you want it.

Ender57, I've got the same problem and I asked the physician about it when I went for my medical last week. He said thats not a problem at all.  ;D

Lay off the junk food :p I had the same problem about a year ago, untill my mom bought me some of these acne whip pad thinggys I think they're called ClearSkin pads or somthing. They work wonders, within 2 weeks I was almost acne free :D

has anyone done their medical with filled cavities, or anything like that and were fine??

DEEJ said:
has anyone done their medical with filled cavities, or anything like that and were fine??
Several fillings, 2 root canals, and no worries!  This is my third round through the recruiting process, so it can't just be that I snuck through either.  Unless your dental health develops into a serious enough problem that it would somehow impair you from doing your job, I don't think it's a problem. ;D

To all,Dental is a major thing in the Forces.
I know of Militia Pers. who have been punted from going over seas because of bad teeth.
Your teeth can stop you from signing up!

What if all those cavities and stuff happened when I was in high school, but now have white teeth, and healthy gums.   Then would it stop me from getting in?   ???

Do they check for new cavities or just check your old filled cavities?

DEEJ and Fogpatrol

Don't worry about it.  What Spr. Earl described is possible in severe cases but won't necessarily keep you out of the military.
The thing is when you get deployed somewhere, you are under possible combat or high alert situations.  If a member is
bothered by severe mouth rot as an example (could be any medical or physical condition), then it means they will likely spend
alot of time in the MIR or in the clinic taking them away from their tasking.  On deployment, thats not good. 

Members are assessed, poked and proded before they go on deployment so this kind of thing is picked up prior to the tasking.
Everyone at some point has medical or physical issues that might become severe but the military deals with it as regular
routine.

In the recruitment application process, the candidate is assessed during the medical evaluation.  If you clear that stage, you're
good to go.

This is silly. Asking if cavaities will keep you out of the army...maybe if your mouth is full of black teeth then yes. I didn't see an army dentist till i was in basic training and even then if you have cavaties like some of my fellow recruits they don't correct them then, or in sq or in biq. Unless its an emergency then you can go see a dentist durning training like one guy had his wisdom teeth out on my sq course.

I have another medical question, I broke my ankle last summer, and had a plate put in.  It's still in, but my ankle's back to normal and better as ever.  I also tore my ACL in february and had surgery in April, and I'm wondering if I'll pass the medical in November (when I want to apply for RMC)

Holy cow girl.. for someone so young, you've been through quite a bit.   What did you do....chase a parked car?     :blotto:

hahaha i've had some bad luck... two soccer seasons in a row down the drain... when i'm finished it will prolly have been about a year of physio lol.  but seriously... i'm worried... do you think it will affect my chances of passing the medical?

chances of getting in no, probably not

if its 100% and not gonna snap in half... then you're ok

but probably like me, get shafted 1 1/2 weeks before leaving for BMQ and told you have to get a bunch of papers signed by your doctor certifing you are ok

k cool thanks.  so when should i apply? i want to go to rmc, so basic training would be in the summer time right... so should i apply sometime in november?

Applying in November would help, but you may be waiting a while to hear back from CFRC, so hopefully you are patient. As long as you don't have any medical problems, pass the tests and pass the background check you most likely shouldn't have any problem with getting in for summer next year. But it all depends on what there are for openings, good luck though.

Sappo said:
chances of getting in no, probably not

if its 100% and not gonna snap in half... then you're ok

but probably like me, get shafted 1 1/2 weeks before leaving for BMQ and told you have to get a bunch of papers signed by your doctor certifing you are ok

I can relate, got a call the day before enrollment ceremonies telling me not to come....after i've recieved kit list, joining instructions, and letter of confirmation.

I have acne, its not that bad and most of it is under the skin, (not alot of pimples) i was wondering if CF can decide not to let you join for that reason, because a friend of the family tried to join the Regs, 5 or 6 years ago, passed everything, cept for the interview he failed and was told that one of the reasons he couldnt join was because of his horrible acne. Will this be a problem for me, trying to join.

- Shawn

No. Appearance has nothing to do with it, if it doesnt hinder you physically, then its not an issue.

Back